Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RichCalh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2015, 11:02 PM
    Rheem Imperial 80 Plus
    I do not have model number from inside of unit. Unit seems to only run for about 5 minutes at a time, then will kill the flame, blower fan comes once flame is off, will run for a short while then shut down. Almost immediately the inducer fan will start again, flame will relight, lather rinse repeat. My question is, is this an issue or normal? I was called out for no blower motor...

Unit doesn't seem to have any original parts, besides inducer motor. Spark ignitor replaced with hot surface ceramic ignitor, where there should be a fan limit is a high limit? unit has a circuit board that controls blower motor it seems, wiring on the fan relays 3 terminals on cooling relay NC NO COM, 2 on heating relay NO & COM
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2015, 07:08 PM
    I didn't fully understand your question. Are you saying the flame goes out after almost 5 minutes THEN the blower comes on? If so, it sounds like the furnace may be hitting its high limit & that is what is bringing on the fan. No furnace is supposed to operate this way. I would suspect the fan control board to be at fault by not powering the fan after a minute or so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to find rheem imperial 80 plus furnace blower [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace blower seems imbalanced when it runs. You can hear noise coming out of where the blower is. I removed the blower and it looks out of shape at a few points.

Rheem Imperial 80 Plus won't stop running [ 0 Answers ]

After some research I am guessing a fan limiter switch. What should the Off/On settings be? How to test? How to reset? Will a new switch come with preset adjustments? Please help.

Rheem imperial 80 plus inducer motor is not working [ 0 Answers ]

I have two units of Reem Imperial Plus in the basement. Just doscoved that motor is very hot (on top) and I can hear electrical current sounds but no motor is running. When I checked the hose attached to the motor(?), blowing the hose do nothing but when sucking it, it ignites the gas. Is this...

Rheem imperial 80 plus ac shuts off when it wants [ 1 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Rheem imperial 80 furnace lights but not blowing [ 1 Answers ]

Troubleshoot blower issues

View more questions Search