Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starstude Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2015, 06:55 AM
    Should I stay friends with my ex boyfriend to get him back
    if you want your ex boyfriend back what should you say to him when he wants to stay friends after a breakup

Does staying friends push them farther away from getting them back because even if you did want them back you would have to develop a relationship anyway

And does that give you no time to heal

Would that help them give them time to heal over you faster and get over you by being friends
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 07:00 AM
    If your boyfriend broke up with you, don't do the friend thing. Get over him.
    If he says he wants to be friends it maybe to ease his feelings. Forget about the
    "getting back with him" move on and heal.

Mar 16, 2015, 07:06 AM
    What do you mean by ease feelings ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 07:14 AM
    How old are the two of you?

Please don't ask the same question repeatedly. We are volunteers here and will get to your question as our personal time allows.

Mar 16, 2015, 07:15 AM
    How long did it take you to heal from a break-up
    From a guy's point of view or a girl's point of view how long did it take you heal from a break-up
    What did you do to help yourself heal

Mar 16, 2015, 07:17 AM
    OK how can you delete previous questions
    Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 07:19 AM
    How old are the two of you? I'm guessing 15.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 07:27 AM
    When I say ease feelings, I mean he feels bad about breaking up so he says "we can still be friends" It makes him feel better and probably thinks it would make you feel better. Leave him alone so you can get over him. Go out enjoy time with your friends. Concentrate on school. Get a life apart from him.

Mar 16, 2015, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    How old are the two of you? I'm guessing 15.
    We are in our late twenties
    Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 07:33 AM
    You are in your late 20s and playing childish games? You are exes for a reason. Being "friends" will only prolong the agony. Go No Contact and begin the healing process.

I really thought you were about 15 or 16.

Mar 16, 2015, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    When I say ease feelings, I mean he feels bad about breaking up so he says "we can still be friends" It makes him feel better and probably thinks it would make you feel better. Leave him alone so you can get over him. Go out enjoy time with your friends. Concentrate on school. Get a life apart from him.
    OK does being friends with an ex help them get over you too by being friends
    What would the definition of still being friends
    How can you tell them you want them back and you do not want to be friends
    Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 07:39 AM
    You cut all ties. Being "friends" doesn't help the healing process. I still think you are 15 or 16. Most adults aren't this desperate.

Mar 16, 2015, 07:39 AM
    You are in your late 20s and playing childish games? You are exes for a reason. Being "friends" will only prolong the agony. Go No Contact and begin the healing process.

I really thought you were about 15 or 16.
    Your not playing childish games if in fact you want them back and do not want to play games
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 07:40 AM
    Being friends means you may talk every now and then, but that does not help you at all. You do as J_9 says. Go no contact and begin the healing process.
    How can you tell them you want them back and don't want to be friends? You tell him just that, then you go no contact.
    Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 07:41 AM
    So, how old are you really? People in their "late twenties" aren't this desperate.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 07:41 AM
    Why would you want someone back who dumped you? Why did you break up?

Mar 16, 2015, 07:44 AM
    You cut all ties. Being "friends" doesn't help the healing process. I still think you are 15 or 16. Most adults aren't this desperate.
    Most adults go through breakups and most might want to get their ex back if it's for the right reasons that does not mean your desperate,

That means your saying all adults who go through breakups and want their ex's back are desperate if that's what they truly want and they want to do it for the right reasons
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 07:47 AM
    You want to know how to get back with someone who dumped you. They left you for a reason, if they wanted you back, they would be back.
    What you have to do is get over them, move on. Telling him you want him back does no good. He's the one that left.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 07:47 AM
    if you want your ex boyfriend back what should you say to him when he wants to stay friends after a breakup
    You tell him maybe later, but not now, not for a while, you need time to adjust to being single again.

Does staying friends push them farther away from getting them back because even if you did want them back you would have to develop a relationship anyway
    Acting like a friend, but wanting more is a miserable place to be and stops you from accepting the break up and healing from it properly, because you get caught up in FALSE HOPE for romance.

And does that give you no time to heal
    None whatsoever.

Would that help them give them time to heal over you faster and get over you by being friends
    It's not about them,its about YOU,and your healing. Sometimes they miss you, sometimes they don't. They never do if you are always around being friendly though. Sometimes they think friends is okay and move on from romance ideas before you do,and that's VERY miserable for YOU.

What do you mean by ease feelings ?
    He was just being nice, rather than cruel, but hopes you take the hint and leave him alone about romance or love.

From a guy's point of view or a girl's point of view how long did it take you heal from a break-up
    When I get dumped I accept it and leave her alone for a while and start doing my own thing.

What did you do to help yourself heal
    Leave them alone,no calls texts or making a pest of myself begging for another chance or pretending to be friends to keep them close or get them back. Just high, and bye, wave and smile, and go about my business.

Hung around friends and family and had fun activities and hobbies, and kept my dignity and self respect by not becoming a pest, or acting like a lovesick fool.

Didn't take long at all to be a happy fellow ready for the next romance. No Contact and doing your own thing is the way to go. How old are you and how long were you together?
    Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 07:48 AM
    Then tell me what the "right reasons" are. What was his reason for breaking up with you? You failed to mention that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I stay with my boyfriend who cheated on me with his best friends ex? [ 7 Answers ]

I am 19 years old, I have been with my boyfriend for nearly 2 years. I just found out recently he cheated on me, with his best friends ex. They had a 2 week long "affair", had sex a handful of times, even got a hotel one night. He claims it was purely physical, and there were no emotions. He...

Should we stay friends [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I'm sure some of you read My crush and BFF. I still need help, I'm super jeoluse that my crush maybe likes my BFF. I can't deal with this, they can't be together my BFF knows I like him BUT she does NOT know I'm jeoluse I never told her because I knew she would tease me. What must I do? Im angry...

He's 16 I'm 13 should we stay just friends? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so I met this guy sometime last year when my friend liked him. Immediately me and him became friends . We would talk everyday and eventually my friend stopped liking him. But anyway we continued to talk everyday either on the internet or in person. He told me he even talked to me more than his...

How do I get back together with my old boyfriend now that we're friends? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 27 now and I've been friends with my ex since we were twelve. We dated for three years in college, and had a wonderful relationship and an amiable break up. I thought I was transferring overseas and he said it was too hard dating so far apart (250 miles) and he wanted a girlfriend closer to...

Should I got for it? Or stay as just friends? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 14 And I Recently Just Broke Up With My Boyfriend Who I Was With For 1 Year And 5 Months. I Don't Want To Go Rushing Into Other Relationships, But My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend Said He Likes Me. And I Think I'm Starting To Like Him As well. I've Known Him For Around 2 Years So I Know Him...

View more questions Search