Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yaseen25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2015, 04:34 AM
    Organ transplant
    Salam O alikum... Dear Brothers or sisters, please help me.
    My sister in Law is suffering from kidney deasese from long time but she did not register for transplant in spite of repeated advise from all now doctors say that her kidney has to be transplanted and the femily is asking my husband to donate his kidney. I am very much concerned about his health as he has got family history of High BP and sugar, right now he is all right but donating one kidney might have some health risks for him in future so knowing this fact that he is the only one sibling in the family should he donate his kidney or should look for his safety? Also is it a sin in islam if he does not donate his kidney to his sister?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 05:14 AM
    Your husband may not be a perfect match to donate his kidney. The doctors will take his health and family history before deciding if he is able to donate.

As for the questions regarding Islam, I can't answer as I am not of the Islamic faith.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Mar 16, 2015, 08:45 AM
    Urge your sister-in-law to register if she hasn't already.

As J_9 stated, he may not be a match. Siblings are more likely to match each other, but it doesn't guarantee they will.

Your concerns are perfectly reasonable. It's a difficult surgery for both people. However, until he meets with a doctor and determines if he's able AND willing, there is no reason to worry.

I also cannot answer about the Islamic faith.

Good luck to you all. This is a very difficult family situation
    IAmYusufSidi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2015, 02:19 AM
    First of all go and register for Organ transplant, as she have to get listed in the waiting list.

Secondly, an individual can survive on a single kidney, but he or she has to take preventive measures for this, as prescribed by the experts.

If she is able to live on a single kidney, why need transplant?
    But if the transplant is really required, then you must go for one.

Now, when it comes to donating a kidney, it is completely an individual's choice. In my opinion don't force anyone to donate his organ. If the person is willingly ready to donate his or her organ, then he or she can definitely do it.

When it comes to a religious fact, I think every religion taught the same thing, and you are worried about the future, how you know what will happen in future.

Concern with your husband, if he is willing to donate his kidney to his siter, then it is the best thing. And if not it is his personal choice there is nothing wrong in that, on a personal or religious level, as per my ability of thinking and observing.

Disclaimer: Here I am not talking by giving any focus on any religion, I tried to answer as a general user and as a user point of view only. If anyone feel offeneded with my opinion, please do consider it as a individual's opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drugs and the Amygdala organ. [ 3 Answers ]

I smoke pot. I know it's bad. The last few times though I had a bad experience. It felt like my whold nervous system was in shock. There was constant twitching and an extremely blurred vision. I also noticed from reading online that this isn't uncommon to people. So I started doing some research....

What is an example of a vestigial organ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been thinking of what type of organ in the human body would fit into this definition. One of the things I have read about is that there are some people that Have a human tail. Has anyone heard of this and what is it officially called ?

Are YOU an organ donor? [ 8 Answers ]

I was watching a program on Discovery Health (or something similar) the other day that was discussing the benefits of stem cells for aiding in repairing injuries and advancing the medical field. It got me thinking about how, with stem cell advancement, we could grow organs in a lab, and not have...

I have an 1972 organ B-12 series [ 1 Answers ]

What is the value of a Yamaha Electone organ B-12 series from 1972? can someone please help me out. Thank you. :)

Organ removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my gall bladder removed as well as just underwent a complete hysterectomy last March. Does the removal of these organs affect the functioning of my body in any way or what are its implications?

View more questions Search