Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladykat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2015, 05:34 AM
    What does a one hour lockout code on my propane furnace mean
    I woke up without heat. The fan seems to work fine, when I switch it off and back on, my furnace is blinking an one hour lockout code. What can I do to fix it?
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Mar 15, 2015, 07:38 AM
    I would suspect the furnace has tried 3 times to ignite and failed. What's the make and model number?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2015, 10:31 AM
    Bitters' suspicion is likely correct. You can turn off the power at the breaker or service switch (not the thermostat switch), wait about 30 seconds, & turn it back on. That should reset the control. Have someone else turn the thermostat up while you watch what the furnace does. Report back in detail exactly what happens in the order in which it happens. Again, a furnace make & model will help us help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier propane furnace - flashing code [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a Carrier propane furnace and it is flashing a code. One long flash and four short flashes. Can anyone help? This furnace is only 5 years old. Thanks so much!

1 hour lockout - What next? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Rheem Criterion II gas furnace. The unit starts and runs okay most of the time. However it will stop occasionally and will go into 1-hour lockout mode (based on light codes) . What is causing unit to work properly sometimes and not others? I have checked the orange flame light. It...

York furnace troubleshooting- getting code #8 Ins lockout due to recycle? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York model P2MP020n11201A BLowing lukewarm air. Giving a code #8 INS lockout due to recycles. Thermastat reads 55 degress. Shuts off in 10-15 minutes.

Trane Furnace error code = 2 flashes, what does system lockout mean? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane forced air furnace which recently has had periods when it blows unheated air. When I looked at the furnace during these periods it shows 2 flashes, which according to the instruction manual is an error code which means: System lockout, retries or recycles exceeded. I don't...

Carrier Ignition Lockout Code & Ignitor Problem [ 3 Answers ]

The code I'm getting is 14 for ignition lockout, will reset in 3 hrs. The furnace tries to ignite 3 or 4 times and then the code trips and shuts the furnace down. I usually just flip the manual switch to get it going again but if I'm not home to pay attention or if we're asleep the house will...

View more questions Search