Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kb1991 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2015, 08:49 PM
    No period and I'm freaking out
    OK so here goes, my period is 50 days late, I have taken 2 HPTS and they have both said said negative. Still no period, I'm freaking out and I want to cry I have an appointment on Monday but before I go can someone please list the various things this could be as the tests are all coming out negative pleaseee give me an answer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2015, 05:28 AM
    Well first two tests are not a lot of tests, And when are you taking them, best time for test is first thing in the morning as soon as you wake up.

50 days is fairly late and most women would show using a HPT but not all, a few women can be pregnant, and hot test on HPT at 50 days.

Also it happens that some women can skip a period sometimes. Worry, stress can cause this to happen. Changes in diet, job changes and more.

Also, of course what is your age, as it happens to women when they get older?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Mar 16, 2015, 08:34 AM
    There are a multitude of reasons, as Fr_Chuck pointed out. Most likely, you'd see signs of pregnancy by now, but on the rare occasion, you might get a false negative (meaning you are pregnant).

The doctor will ask a series of questions, draw labs and perhaps do a physical exam. Some "easy" answers are stress, weight loss, etc. delaying ovulation. Other possibilities are hormonal imbalances, endometriosis, PCOS, etc. It's impossible to say online, so I'm glad you're going to the doctor for a proper exam. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help me freaking period.. Pregnancy.. I wish am not [ 4 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex in the 10/13/2013.. It was my first sex experience.. I wasn't on birth control.. But the sperms didn't came in the vagina.. But after I had sex I've cleaned the inside of the vagina with cold water using a clean hose.. I got my period in the 10/27/2013 and was done the...

Period problem please help freaking out big time [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 23 year old female I had me periods 4 4 weeks for 7 days like normal but then 2 weeks later I started bleeding again only really light for 3 days n then 4 days after that I started getting a pinky brown discharge then it stopped for a day n now it's like a pinky gold colour what could it...

Late Period and Freaking out [ 7 Answers ]

Okay here it is... Me and my Fiancé had unprotected sex on Friday night and Saturday morning... I was supposed to ovulate from the 9th to the 14th this month... but I'm 3 days late and I was supposed to start on the 25th... Could I be pregnant or could it just be late?:confused: please help!

My period is freaking out. [ 8 Answers ]

OK... I kind of started my period... there was a little bit of pink in the toilet paper... I usually do that the night or so before I start... but its been over 24 hours and I still haven't started now I don't even have any 'little bit of pink'... what could cause this?? :eek:

View more questions Search