Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saraboyd12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2015, 11:43 AM
    Storage tank overflows and motor won't shut off. What it the problem?
    Storage water tank overflows and the motor won't shut off. What is the problem?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2015, 07:17 PM
    You didn't give us much info to go on, but there is probably an electronic float valve in the storage tank that is supposed to shut off the pump when the tank is near full. Must be either stuck or malfunctioning.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 15, 2015, 01:19 PM
    If a ball cock is your fill valve pull up on the ball and see if it shuts off. If it does not then you have a faulty ball cock that must be replaced. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motor won't shut off [ 2 Answers ]

After just installing a new pressure tank and then a pressure switch in the motor our motor will not shut off after it starts. We have to shut it off manually.

Cold water storage tank won't fill [ 2 Answers ]

Our water mains have recently been replaced and the water was turned off for a few hours theother day. Since then our cold water storage tand is only filling very slowly. The pressure on the cold water fed directly off the main seems fine, but the tank in the loft is only filling at a trickle. How...

Blower motor won't shut off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Janitrol furnace. The blower motor was replaced 2 years ago. The furnace works fine otherwise, flame comes on, the blower runs until the set temp, but after the blower shuts off, the motor is still humming, non-stop. Is the problem at the furnace or the house thermostat (the fan is...

Cold storage tank problem [ 3 Answers ]

I keep getting an orange sludge in the cold water tank, which restricts the cold water flow into my power shower. Where is the sludge coming from and how do I stop it

View more questions Search