Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yamahar1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2015, 08:34 AM
    If a dentist charged for root canal can then charge the higher tier for crown
    Hi I am paying £50.50 to have root canal then the dentist wants to leave it 6 months before putting in a crown at an additional cost of £200.00 I would have thought as it's the same tooth it should come under one treatment of the higher tier, thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 13, 2015, 08:51 AM
    Crowns are typically a separate charge.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 13, 2015, 01:09 PM
    You are in the UK, right ? So converting to the US dollar (I chose that instead of CDN) that is a pretty good deal !

I don't know why he is waiting six months, the lab work for the crown doesn't take that long, usually six weeks for a good fit.

I wouldn't complain, the price might go up ! As long as it is a well done root canal, go with the flow.

By the way, you are on an international site.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2015, 06:34 AM
    Again, I am from America (and now China) so not up on UK. But no, it is not covered by a separate procedure.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Mar 16, 2015, 08:49 AM
    Wow, I'm scheduled for the same thing and my quote (US dollars) was $823.00 for the entire workup. I might just come to the UK!

Here, they are billed separately. The root canal will take place, then the temp crown, then permanent crown. 3 appointments in 6 weeks total.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 16, 2015, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LearningAsIGo View Post
    Wow, I'm scheduled for the same thing and my quote (US dollars) was $823.00 for the entire workup. I might just come to the UK!

Here, they are billed separately. The root canal will take place, then the temp crown, then permanent crown. 3 appointments in 6 weeks total.
    Root canals are priced per root. There's are four roots in a molar, etc. If only one root is infected that is all they have to do. So your price of 823 is pretty good but the permanent crown has to have a gold or silver base. So.. Are you sure the entire procedure is is only that ?

Last time I had a root canal done here in Canada, total cost to me was $1500 root canal, temp and crown/silver base.

one done in Toledo OH for about the same price 40 years ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dentist did not offer crown after root canal? [ 2 Answers ]

My dentist did a root canal about 14 moths ago. It was my first. I was eating some granola cereal ( which was soft) today and part of my tooth broke off! So I started looking online to see what I should do before getting in to my dentist. Then after researching it seems the majority of people get a...

Why does dentist say I need another root canal? [ 5 Answers ]

When I was fourteen years old, I had a root canal done. Now I am 23 years old, and I have a new dentsit. My new dentist say I need a root canal, but the other dentist who my old dentsist refire me to a dentist when I was fourteen did the root canal. I have a new dentist because my other dentist...

Dentist says my 14 year old needs a root canal. [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 14 years old the dentist says he needs a root canal. My question is after he grows up and his mouth grows won't he need more work to the root canal and a larger tooth?

Why did my dentist put on a crown without a root canal? [ 5 Answers ]

Two years ago my dentist worked with my front incisors which had been broken in a freak pogo-stick accident when I was a child. Way back then, my childhood dentist told me one day the teeth might die and need root canals. Fifteen years later, I developed a blister over one of the incisors and...

I got a root canal and needed crown lengthening but got billed for a crown? [ 10 Answers ]

I went to a new dentist for a horrible tooth ache. They took a full set of X-rays which is fine but I just needed them to look at the one tooth ASAP. I was told I needed a root canal, crown lengthening, and porcelien crown. I could not afford everything at once so I did the root canal the next day...

View more questions Search