Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SwitLuvMum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2015, 09:00 PM
    Charge for giving false statement.
    Hi Everyone,

I was charged recently for furnishing false statement to MOM recently.

It was connected to the past maid that I had about 2 to 3 yrs ago. She is no longer working for me and all of sudden MOM had been looking for me recently then charged me for furnishing different address for the application of the maid while I had actually moved into my 2nd home.

According to the statement that I was asked to signed that I can be fine as much as $15k or imprisonment of not more then a year.

I admitted to the charge but now I am worried of how bad can this be?
    Will I be fine or imprison even as a 1st time offender?
    Please help, my court date is in a few days already...

Fyi, I have 6 kids...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 13, 2015, 04:46 AM
    Who is MOM, and why would you admit to something you didn't understand without consulting a lawyer? I strongly advise you get legal counsel to see what you are getting into before your court date.

You have done enough harm on your own already. Yes they can prosecute to the full extent of the law. Did you knowingly give a FALSE statement?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 13, 2015, 05:04 AM
    Is MOM short for Ministry of Manpower? If so, which country with a MOM are you residing in?

I agree, you need legal counsel to help you through this. Have you attempted to contact a lawyer?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2015, 05:38 AM
    You should have never ever, signed or confessed to anything, without an attorney.

Yes, if you lied, and falsified paperwork, yes, they can fine you or put you in jail or both.
    This is very serious, and you need an attorney
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2015, 06:16 AM
    Its not nice to lie to your mother! (Sorry couldn't resist). But seriously, this is an international site so acronyms might not be usniversal. Plus any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

But the statement you got says you committed a crime (which apparently confessed to). And that crime has penalties. Whether they pursue those penalties will probably be up to the prosecutor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving false information [ 12 Answers ]

We have an EMS personnel who after 2 months, gave a patients family false information a violation.

False statement felony charge [ 1 Answers ]

I have been charged with false statement as a felony. My vehichle was involved in a crime in which I had no idea about, I gave the police false info on who was driving the car not knowing what the car was involved in. I was not read any rights or anything when the investigator came to my home to...

Giving false statement state of Georgia [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knows what the punishment is for giving false statement to investigators in ga? First time offense of any kind...

Giving my brother false hope? [ 13 Answers ]

My brother and his (now ex) girlfriend had a baby less than a year ago. This baby was taken by DCF and they have both, separately, been working towards reunification with their child. I read that Vermont law states that a parents right can be terminated if they have been charged with a felony. ...

View more questions Search