Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcarey0717 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2015, 12:36 PM
    Should I apply for nursing, with a felony paraphernalia charge
    I have a felony paraphernalia charge & 3 child endangerment misdemeanors( from the same offense). I want to apply for school of nursing. Im a chemical dependency major now, so that would be a dual major.. The crime is from 2007-Oregon State. I live in upstate NY do you think I should try to see what the board says, or is it an automatic disqualification. I have a 4.0 & a solid reference support system. Thanks for your time. -NYII
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2015, 12:46 PM
    Hello k: In my experience felons cannot work in the health care field.. I don't think you can change that... Ok, maybe a pardon would do it. excon
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 12, 2015, 02:49 PM
    The odds are just about zero, but you don't find out online. You ask your school and you ask the state licensing board. After that, hiring is still at the discretion of each employer.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 12, 2015, 03:39 PM
    With a felony chances are absolutely zero. At the 'discretion of an employer'... Really.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 12, 2015, 05:24 PM
    Don't waste your time or money. With the charges you have you will never get into healthcare.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2015, 07:24 PM
    I can only agree with the others, with the child endangerment, and a felony, you would never get anywhere in the health field.

When I worked for a healthcare company, I was told, that because we received medicare and medicaid funding, we were not allowed to have anyone with a felony working that had contact with a patient.

They did yearly background checks for felony and all child and elderly abuse records.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nursing requirements fl felony [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of having a third degree felony expunged in the state of FL. Violation 817.61 fraudulent use of a credit card >$100. 2006 Should the expungement be successful, I would like to know if it is possible to obtain a nursing license. Thank you.

Can a undwelling burglary felony charge stop me from getting a nursing license [ 2 Answers ]

I had a burlary undwelling and grand theft charged against me. My exgirlfriend dropped it and the state took over. The judge made me pay restitution before trial and assured me I would be fine. But the state still took prosecuted me. Can I get my felons sealed.its my first and only thing I was...

My son got a felony charge when he was sixteen and now he hole a second felony charge [ 1 Answers ]

With a gun charge. Does charge carry from your youth year in to uour adult life

Can you get a nursing license with a felony in Florida? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife got charged with stealing $100 when she work for Wal-Mart 12 years ago. Is it possible for her to get her nursing license?

Can I go to nursing school with and felony on my record? The felony was in 2003 and [ 2 Answers ]

It was and possession of and controlled substance and class four felony

View more questions Search