Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xsw21232 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2015, 06:06 AM
    I need help in solving permutation sum
    In how many ways can a person can courier/parcel to his 5 friends if he has four courier options.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 12, 2015, 01:10 PM
    For friend A there are four possible ways to send a parcel, call then A1, A2, A3, and A4. For friend B there are also four ways - B1, B2, B3,and B4 - so between both friends A and B there are 4x4 = 16 different possible combinations. It can help to write these out so that see how it works:

A1&B1, A1&B2, A1&B3, A1&B4
    A2&B1, A2&B2, A2&B3, A2&B4
    A3&B1, A3&B2, A3&B3, A3&B4
    A4&B1, A1&B2, A4&B3, A4&B4

So now how would this extend to include a third friend? And how about a fourth, and finally a fifth friend?
    fgsfgsfd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2015, 11:57 PM
    Could you differentiate the two sums below
    1.In how many ways can a person can courier/parcel to his 5 friends if he has four courier options.
    2. In how many ways can 4 gifts be distributed to 6 children if each child get any number of gifts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permutation and Combinations [ 2 Answers ]

In how many different ways can a panel of 12 jurors and 2 alternates be chosen from a group of 15 prospective jurors?

What colour is my skin sum say I'm light sum say I'm dark [ 1 Answers ]

I know of a girl who is about my colour but da diff is peeps call her light skinned and me non light I think I'm a caramel what do you think ...

Permutation and Combination [ 1 Answers ]

In how many ways can letters of word CINEMA be arranged so that order of vowels donot change?

Combination Permutation? [ 3 Answers ]

In how many ways can the batting order be determined for a coed softball team w/ five women and four men if a) there are no restrictions b) the women must all bat first c) the first and ninth batters must be men

View more questions Search