Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shindermahal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2015, 06:38 AM
    Recurrence relations
    Hello can someone please help with this question?

Consider the sequence an+1 =sqrt(2 + an)

Show that for all n in natural numbers.

n+1 - a= (an=-an-1)/(sqrt(2+an+sqrt(2+an-1))

I really don't understand what to do?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 11, 2015, 07:55 AM
    I think what you mean is this:

It's simply a matter of using the definition, and incrementing backwards from to . To get you started, from the definition of you get:

so:

Can you take it from here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the chances of recurrence of nodular melanoma [ 1 Answers ]

I had a nodular melanoma removed from my eary along with 6 lymph nodes five years ago (after waiting a full year to have the mole checked out once I noticed it) and I now have a high hematocrit level. Is this something I should be worried about? I know that a high hematocrit level can be present...

Recurrence relation [ 2 Answers ]

be {an} Definition by the Recurrence relation Formula (as you can see in the picture). is also known that n >or=1 and a1=2 A)prove that for any n >or=1 Existing 1<or =an< or =3 http://p1cture.me/images/30404785521466373002.jpg thanks

Recurrence relations [ 1 Answers ]

A country uses as currency coins with values of 1 peso, 2 pesos, 5 pesos, and 10 pesos and bills with values of 5 pesos, 10 pesos, 20 pesos, 50 pesos, and 100 pesos. Find a recurrence relation for the number of ways to pay a bill of n pesos if the order in which the coins and bills...

Melanoma recurrence [ 6 Answers ]

One year ago at the age of 40 I was diagnosed with nodular melanoma on lower calf, The pathology report determined the size to be 1.5 mm and on the Breslow Scale a stage 4. I had wide excision surgery and a sentinel node biopsy. Mercifully, no cancer had traveled to the nodes. My question is...

Abscess recurrence [ 1 Answers ]

I had an abscess on a biscupid tooth due to nerve damage cuased by deep filling. I am abroad so haven't signed up with/visited a Dentist. I took some antibiotics and they worked, but now I am scared the abscess will return before I go home. How long do abscesses usually take to reccur after...

View more questions Search