Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sean999 Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2015, 04:11 AM
    Job and business
    Hi,

I want to ask you that about job and business. I am now working at a tour company. Last week, I read the book"Rich Dad and Poor Dad". This book is really good and motivate us to do own business. I have a situation and background(but not too strong) to establish a business. But I think I am not smart enough to do own business. I think I need more experience. But one of my friend said that whatever you do, you have many things to learn. So, I want to make decision. If you are me, will you contine your job or establish a business? Share your ideas
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2015, 04:21 AM
    The difference between people that succeed and those that don't. The ones who succeed try.

Most small businesses fail, and almost none make a profit for the first year. When I started my Martial Arts business, I lost money (alot of money) the first year, broke even mostly the 2nd year, and by the 6th year I was the biggest karate school in Atlanta, with the highest percent of tournament winners.

If you start you own business, how will you pay for the costs, and how will you live, as the business starts ?

Mar 11, 2015, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    The difference between people that succeed and those that don't. The ones who succeed try.

Most small businesses fail, and almost none make a profit for the first year. When I started my Martial Arts business, I lost money (alot of money) the first year, broke even mostly the 2nd year, and by the 6th year I was the biggest karate school in Atlanta, with the highest percent of tournament winners.

If you start you own business, how will you pay for the costs, and how will you live, as the business starts ?

At least, I have rice to eat and place to sleep. How do you motivate yourself these unsuccessful 5 years?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 11, 2015, 09:25 AM
    I'm going to jump in and say that if you have to ask how to motivate yourself, then you are sure to fail. Every single person I know who succeeded was DRIVEN to succeed by their own love of the business they were running. And as a corollary to that, if you aren't passionate about the TYPE of business you start, you will fail also.

There's an old saying - "Keep your day job." Usually that is said to people who sing or paint or show you some talent that they aren't very good at, but it also applies to anyone who has to survive financially through the first year of his or her business. Unless you are rich already, or someone hands you a lot of money.

Mar 12, 2015, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I'm going to jump in and say that if you have to ask how to motivate yourself, then you are sure to fail. Every single person I know who succeeded was DRIVEN to succeed by their own love of the business they were running. And as a corollary to that, if you aren't passionate about the TYPE of business you start, you will fail also.

There's an old saying - "Keep your day job." Usually that is said to people who sing or paint or show you some talent that they aren't very good at, but it also applies to anyone who has to survive financially through the first year of his or her business. Unless you are rich already, or someone hands you a lot of money.
    Acceptable
    JohnSmith90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2015, 05:28 AM
    Hi Sean,
    You should go for your own business because it will make you learn more than your job and risk is everywhere so, don't fear of taking risks in your life. The one who takes risks in life can only succeed in his/her life so, just do it and try hard to establish your own business. If I was at your place I go for my own business.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2015, 03:22 PM
    He who hesitates is lost and that applies to business but if you are going to do it plan it, get some advice and prepare a business plan so you have covered off the risks you haven't thought of yet
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2015, 08:17 PM
    I did not see any of the bad or growing years as failure, I had planned for it, I knew how much it would cost to break even, I knew what costs where
    So actually I was delighted, my plans were almost one year ahead of schedule.

Jul 18, 2015, 03:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith90 View Post
    Hi Sean,
    You should go for your own business because it will make you learn more than your job and risk is everywhere so, don't fear of taking risks in your life. The one who takes risks in life can only succeed in his/her life so, just do it and try hard to establish your own business. If I was at your place I go for my own business.

OK.I am appreciate it. Wish you to have good luck in everything whatever you do.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    He who hesitates is lost and that applies to business but if you are going to do it plan it, get some advice and prepare a business plan so you have covered off the risks you haven't thought of yet

I will do the best plan which is appropriate for me. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Business Trip-Waiting for job offer [ 3 Answers ]

I am waiting for a possible job offer from an interview last week - I think I have a good chance of getting the job though there may be some negotiating needed around title etc. My current employer wants me to schedule a business trip for the end of June... but I have to decide TOMORROW as it is...

If I'm 2nd owner of a business and have a full time job [ 8 Answers ]

If I'm 2nd owner of a business and have a full time job, then got laid off from my full time job, can I still collect unemployment?

Banks Job earning and Business [ 1 Answers ]

Assalmualikum, I am working in a bank in dubai and know by reading your articles that banks earning and getting salray is haram. Now I am looking other jobs to get rid of this job. I want to ask you that if I die during this search, will it still be punishable in grave and in last. 2nd is that I...

How to create a business profile to start an job portal [ 1 Answers ]

How to create business profile

View more questions Search