Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michael aviles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2015, 10:29 PM
    Are grants programs out there for small businesses?
    Hello everyone, I'm new at this, so give me time to figure it out. My guestion is. I'm wondering if there are grants programs out there for small businesses? I would like to start a business as a minority contractor or just a real business.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2015, 08:30 AM
    Start here,

https://www.sba.gov/category/navigat...e/loans-grants
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 11, 2015, 04:12 PM
    I just want to point out...it is not easy and will be an up-hill battle for you. Good luck with it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2015, 04:46 PM
    Well a contractor is a real business, There may be local (city) or state, or federal grants for a minority. It will depend on what you can do, and provide. Also if you are going to provide jobs for an area, and if the area is a economic depressed area.

Also many things can be tax breaks, low interest funding and more. You will need a good business plan, detailing your business, and very detailed costs to operate for the first one or two years.

Remember almost no small business makes money the first year, few make money the first couple years, so be prepared.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any free small business grants or grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for myself and my children and for the comity that I live in is there any kind of grants I can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going

Grants for felons to start businesses [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently incarcerated at Monroe Correctional Complex in Monroe, Washington. I have heard there is federal grant monies available to felons desiring to start their own business. I would like to start a construction business. Please let me know how I could go about acccessing the funding to...

Grants for women owned businesses [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently started a small cleaning business I had a question. What are some of the best sources to find grants for women business owners?

View more questions Search