Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elizabeth1972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2015, 08:28 AM
    bone spurs on knee
    I had surgery on my knee when I was in the Army. A couple of months ago I had x-rays done and it shows bone spurs. The pain is getting worse and there is numbness above the knee. Every time I try and move it all you hear is crunching. I've taken Tylenol and tramadol and it is not working. I can't take nsaids because of ulcers. The pain is unbearable and I don't know what to do.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 10, 2015, 08:41 AM
    What did your own medical practitioner say about the x-rays ?
    Really this is a question for them as we cannot help.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 10, 2015, 07:24 PM
    I feel for you. I had knee surgery a few years ago from a car accident that split my knee cap. For the last year, I have had 2 spurs sticking out the side of my knee cap, into the skin and muscle. It is incredibly painful and I fear it will only get worse. I had consulted the doctor about this and the solution was to have surgery again and to have the spurs removed. I cannot afford to do this now so I am going to have to live with it.

As you were told, this really is a question for you to ask your doctor as we cannot tell you how to handle this problem. There may be a solution that works for you that wouldn't necessarily work for someone else.

Good luck to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2015, 07:48 PM
    I agree, I was given a shot by the doctor (god it hurt, most painful injection I ever had) that helped with pain temp. But surgery is normally the procedure to correct. Your doctor should have discussed that with you
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 10, 2015, 07:57 PM
    My husband has heel spurs. He was told that the only remedy is surgery.

This is something you really should discuss with your doctor. Tylenol may help the pain a bit, but it won't fix the problem. Sooner or later no pain meds will work, your body will become immune to them. The only answer is to remove the issue causing the pain.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are heel spurs? [ 5 Answers ]

I have had pain in both heels for months now.. but I try to ignore it. When I sit down and then try to stand up I get the absolute worst stabbing pains in both my heels. It feels like tiny daggers are stabbing into my heels and I walk like Frankenstein because of the pain. Whether I'm in my car and...

I didn't sprain myself and my Knee has a new pop/crack when I bend my knee, why? [ 3 Answers ]

I did nothing to cause it. Suddenly I noticed when I bend my knee( no weight on it: Lift, etc) I feel a POP. I'm 30. Am I getting old or what? Or are my bones week? I have had quadracept injury in that leg before. But I never had a crack in the patella and below like I do now

Heel spurs and nausea [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I actually have two questions: *Does anyone know how to prevent heel spurs before they even develop symptoms? When standing I feel like all my body weight is pressed on my heels and this makes me tired quickly. My mom recently developed it (within the last year) and I know it can be...

View more questions Search