Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PhilipBrien2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2015, 01:43 AM
    Archive file corrupted
    Hello :-)
    I can not extract some rar files and have this messages : The archive is either in unknown format or damaged or The file is not a valid TAR archive..
    This files were downloaded from the internet
    How to resolve this a problem ? Is it possible to repair the damaged rar files and how ?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 9, 2015, 01:41 PM
    You can repair the files with other files called "Par" files. That is if they were provided with the rar files. They can rebuild bad rar's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corrupted PST File [ 2 Answers ]

Outlook 2007 corrupt PST file. File not accessible. Under 2 Gigs (1.8) Renamed, created new PST file to access outlook again, but old PST is not accessible. SCANPST.exe fails in stage 1 initiating with Error: An unexpected error prevented access to this file. Use a disk error checking...

My file is corrupted. How can I transfer it to a flash drive? [ 4 Answers ]

I can't copy the file I want because it was corrupted. What do I do?

Is not accessible the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all.. My external usb hard disk was running,. Then by mistake I pluged it out without clicking on safely remove hard ware , After restarting my computer I got below window message when I'm triyng to open it. H:/ is not accessible the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable . ...

How do I get my data from a file that is now corrupted and unreadable? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys I have an external hard drive that has been working fine for months then all of a sudden I tried to open some files and I get the message THE FILE IS CORRUPTED AND UNREADABLE! But some of the other files I can open fine why is this, and how can I get my data back? Please help!...

View more questions Search