Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gavinsmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2015, 05:26 PM
    My son is five and he has a fever of 102.8 come and go for the past five days?? No p
    My son has had a fever of 102.8 for five days but it comes and goes. No other symptoms. I don't know if I should take him to doctor or not because there isn't anything else going on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2015, 05:28 PM
    A fever is a sign of something else that is wrong, a fever does not just come by itself. So of course there is another medical issue causing the fever.

When you say come and go, How, and when? What treatment are you using for the fever ?

Yes after 5 days, I would take him to the doctor.
    gavinsmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2015, 05:37 PM
    I have been giving him ibuprofen once a day because he only gets fever in evening time.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 8, 2015, 08:19 PM
    I would have taken him a few days ago. Why wait?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 8, 2015, 10:34 PM
    Obviously he needs to see a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12 year old with fever 102 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 12 Year old son who is running a 102 fever with a headache and vomiting. He started the fever yesterday morning around 5 am the vomiting did not start until last night about 11 pm?

10 month old with 102.2 fever [ 2 Answers ]

My 10 month old has had a fever of 102.2 (taken under her arm) for past 2 hours even after Tylenol it is still 101.7. She will hardly eat or drink, very congested, constipated and shivering even though her body is burning up. She can barely hold her eyes open and drowsy but restless. What can I do...

10 year old son has fever for 6 days [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My 10 year old son has a fever for six days now. He started with 101 then the following days went to 103.5 and yesterday he had 100. All of the sudden today he started to go back up to 101. Took him to the doctor twice, once at the beginning and on sixth day. Gave him antibiotics today...

2 year old 102.1 fever [ 6 Answers ]

I noticed my daughter had a little fever a couple of hours ago it was at 101 at like 8 pm its about to be 11 and its higher... should I give her motrin or tylenol? What temp is too high where I should worry about calling a doctor?

9 month old son has had fever for 2 days [ 8 Answers ]

Hi... I have a question about my son. He is 9 months old. He has been running a temp of 99-101.6 for 2 days. He is teething. He has his 8 teeth already. His back molars are coming in. He is drooling, chewing, fingers in month and very unhappy. He has been playing, eating, and laughing. This...

View more questions Search