Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fokaloka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2005, 11:46 AM
    Everybody upset at me...
    I tried to live by my own but I couldn't wasn't ready for. Now I am. Anyway. I lived for three month by myself. The people there were my friends. So I bonded more with them and I enjoyed freedom... so now sometimes on sundays I don't go to granmas or at saturdays I skip some casual joinnings with family. I used to be very close with my family. But now I am trying to make a live for myself. Sometimes , I get bored of being with people over my age or under. I am the only woman with 20īs among them. They are pre-teens or over 30's.
    At march many member of my family are having birthday... By my birthday I am preparing a party with my friends. Everybody get bugged. I don't know why they get angry. I always celebrate with both..

I
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Mar 1, 2005, 03:12 PM
    So let them be upset
    Hey, it's your life and if they choose to be upset then that is their problem.
    You cannot live your life for anyone else but YOU. You create your own reality and you can change your reactions to others. If they get upset you don't have to choose to react to that. Don't get me wrong, family is good, but don't let them control you. Sometimes one has to distance one's self from them. Don't choose to feel bad or guilty. Choose to control your own life. Good luck.
    thetachi464 Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Mar 1, 2005, 09:16 PM
    Hope this helps
    What worked for me was to go away to college and not to come home but on the holidays. If you live in a big town or in the city I would tell them that you are working strange hours that way they will tend to lay off you. Also talk to them let them know how you feel. This way at least they will know how you feel. Like I said I just left town and then never came home told them work classes and my fraternity got in the way of coming home. Hope this helps and you can get things figured out good luck.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2005, 07:49 AM
    Family
    Hi,
    Habits that have been formed over many years are hard to break. By that, I mean that your family has developed the habit of seeing you at birthdays, get-togethers, etc, and it will take time to change that.
    Your Grandma, especially, needs understanding at a time like this, because she is much older. Some older persons need more understanding than others. Some Grandmas really don't have any kind of life anymore; while others are very involved in different things. If your Grandma doesn't do anything all day long, she would really appreciate meeting your friends.

Talk with your family, without getting upset, in a friendly way, and explain, as another expert said, that you now have friends you didn't have before.

If possible, it would really make an older lady happy to have you come by your Grandma's and take her to your birthday party with your friends, if only for a short while. Introducing her to your friends would "make her day", and show that you really, really care for her.
    As for the rest of the family, they will eventually accept the fact that you are now on your own, and have your own life to live. They can also be a part of it, naturally, but just not seeing them as much.
    Best wishes to you, and best of luck,
    fredg
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Sep 17, 2005, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fokaloka
    I tried to live by my own but i couldnt wasnt ready for. now i am. anyways. i lived for three month by myself. The people there were my friends. So i bonded more with them and i enjoyed freedom...so now sometimes on sundays i dont go to granmas or at saturdays i skip some casual joinnings with family. I used to be very close with my family. But now i am trying to make a live for myself. Sometimes , i get bored of being with people over my age or under. I am the only woman with 20īs among them. They are pre-teens or over 30's.
    At march many memeber of my family are having birthday...By my birthday i am preparing a party with my friends. Everybody get bugged. I dont know why they get angry. I always celebrate with both... ?

I
    As you get older, you will be more willing to mix with different age groups. Feel free to enjoy your life with your age group for now. Youth only lasts once.

- Been there

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My son just diagnosed with "diabetes 1".feel very upset [ 12 Answers ]

My 15 yr.old healthy son, was suddenly diagnosed with Diabetes 1. I have spent the past 11 days in the hospital with him, and I am feeling very overwhelmed, very shocked, sad, anxious and upset. This happened very suddenly. He was losing weight very fast, every day I noticed that he was looking...

Miniature greyhound, upset stomach... HELP. [ 5 Answers ]

We have a miniature greyhound that has a constant stomach problem, she will be fine for several days then all of a sudden she won't eat because her stomach is upset, sometimes she vomits, no diarrhea. We have taken her to the vet several times and he gives her a shot of "Pepcid" and then she is...

Confused and Upset [ 23 Answers ]

I had a posting here a couple of weeks ago, about my boyfriend cheating on me, and we decided to try and work things out. It is very difficult for me to move past the fact that he cheated and I constantly find myself bringing it up daily. This is starting to aggravate him, and make me more...

Upset... [ 27 Answers ]

I know that Pete did not mean anything by this and he was trying to hurt me in any way but I was almost in tears last night and I just need to get this off my chest. His mate has who we spend a lot of time with went through a bad break up a couple of months ago. We have supported him as best we...

Confused and upset [ 11 Answers ]

Well, I have the most wonderful girl in the world.. and well I don't know if I'm happy.. When I'm with her I'm happy.. and when I talk to her I'm happy.. but when I'm not with her.. I'm sad, pissy and even feel like I'm losing my mind.. is this because I love her? There's also sometimes that I...

View more questions Search