Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Mar 7, 2015, 07:43 PM
    A Plumbing Question
    If, I were to install a Hot Water Heater to be used in the Summer and shutoff my Oil Burning Furnace, what would be the most economical way to go? Electric, Propane or stay with my existing system. Would I install 40 gallon Tank or go larger? Presently, only one person using and would shut off in the winter. Short term, I know it would not be economical, how about long term?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 8, 2015, 10:14 AM
    Something you may not have considered is that since this is going to be a summer home and you may get tax credits to have it installed you might think solar. In your case it may make sense but do your research to find out.

Solar Water Heaters | Department of Energy

Solar Water Heater : Solar Hot Water Heater & Solar Thermal Systems in USA
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2015, 12:39 PM
    A lot is going to depend on electric & propane costs in your area.
    In my area, you can buy propane much cheaper if you own your tank. If the propane company owns the tank, they charge much more per gallon of gas.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 8, 2015, 01:13 PM
    40 gallons should be fine for one person. Natural gas would be cheapest if its available in this home. Propane is next cheapest but has less BTU per cubic foot and electric is most expense in most areas but you'd have to price it yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing Question [ 8 Answers ]

Hello I have been told that water hammer is due to high pressure of my incoming water so can I reduce the amount of water pressure from my mains by simply only turning it on to half pressure,

Ask plumbing question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I recntly bought a washing machine, I noticed that the inlet screw on machine hose is bigger(33mm) than the wall tap opening(26mm), is their a connector available for this in market and what it is called. Thanks

Can I ask a plumbing question [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a smell in my bathroom for 4 weeks, it seems to be coming from behind the sink. It is getting on my throat. I have had the environmental health people out & a plumber but no answers.

Plumbing question [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am looking for advice on plumbing I need to cut into a main stack that is made of cast but before I can do that I need to know How to suport it properly ?

Plumbing question [ 3 Answers ]

I recently rented a townhouse and after 5 days of living here I noticed the toilet leaking. There was a drip off the side of the bowl and the shut off valve line is also leaking. The toilet was covered in mould which I had to clean off. When asking the landlord to fix it he is accusing me of...

View more questions Search