Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2015, 07:59 AM
    Heating / Packaged Fire Logs?
    Heating with Packaged Fire Logs? A friend had run out of Firewood , told me he has resorted to burning the Packaged Firelogs you can purchase by the case @ any Home Building Supply Centre or WalMart for that matter.. Have gone on a couple websites exploring what they say about Heat Output and all.. For the sake of advertising each will pretty much say their product is the absolute.. Curious is all , is a Packaged / Pressed Together Log efficient enough to give off a desired heat or are they just more for looks? The availability is greater and the cost $$$ is more desirable than hunting down a supply of the real stuff.. Plus the Price $$$ tends to be a bit steeper when they know your in need.. Nature of the Beast.. btw their main source of Heat is Wood.. Opinions Appreciated Cheers Thanks
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 7, 2015, 09:43 AM
    Check out these sites, NorPlan:

https://chimneysweeponline.com/hosawdustlogs.htm

http://www.science20.com/science_mot...zy_winter_fire

Seems your friend should be OK for awhile anyway!

Mark
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2015, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    Check out these sites, NorPlan:

https://chimneysweeponline.com/hosawdustlogs.htm

Firelogs Vs. Wood Fires - What's The Right Choice For A Cozy Winter Fire?

Seems your friend should be OK for awhile anyway!

Mark
    Thanks for the Comeback... Not the 1st time they've run out of Wood before Seasons end , Mother Nature has showed No Mercy with Dipping Temps just hanging on 2 yrs in a row.. The Neat Clean stacking has an appealing edge.. lol.. Not getting any Younger when it comes to organizing next year's supply... lol..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotpoint Oven Heating Element on Fire [ 2 Answers ]

I've used the self clean mode on my Hotpoint oven at least once a year in the past seven years. Today, I noticed sparks. I've never seen that before, but I don't sit there watching the process. This occurred approx 2 hours into the 4.5 hour process. It appears to have started at the back of the...

Why won't my logs light in my gas fire place? [ 4 Answers ]

The logs in the gas fire place won't light. The fire place is lit but the flame isn't high enough. It is a blue line but the flame isn't visible from a normal couch view? We have turned the gas on as high as it will go. How do we get more pressure or etc? Thank you

My heating light will not turn off - is this a fire hazard and how do I fix it? [ 6 Answers ]

When the shower is on the light turns off and the water runs cold. When the shower is switched off, the light turns on and I can not turn it off.

Have a Ventless N/gas Fire logs by SFC Mod# VFST-27VN, It Stopped working no gas [ 0 Answers ]

I have always left the Pilot Flame burning, I tried to use it and pilot Light is out and will not lite, I do not hear any gas noise coming out when trying to light pilot and no Gas noise when I try to hear anything coming out with logs turned on. Any Ideas. I have had the logs for about 5 years. I...

Packaged units? [ 2 Answers ]

How much trouble is the ductwork if someone were to swap a split air conditioner system to a package unit. I feel like these split systems are just a crazy design. It seems that a packaged unit that is run in by the factory eliminates all the finger pointing between the installers and the factory...

View more questions Search