Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hollz Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2015, 04:05 PM
    Difficulty Opening Mouth
    Hi... for a while I've not been able to open my mouth completely and when I try the right side of my jaw hurts. Its also weird when I try and move it side to side, the right side of jaw feels... I don't know.. tight maybe. The left side is fine. I feel like when I open and close my mouth, my jaw feels a tiny bit out of line. My teeth don't feel like they just fit into each other like normal and I have to slide my mouth about until it feels natural. Could this be the cause? And if so what should I do?
    Thanks xx

Edit: before a few months ago it was fine, since then it was on and off but the past week it has been constant (when i open my mouth/move it side to side)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 6, 2015, 08:25 PM
    You go to the doctor, who will see if there is a muscle, or bone or other issue. There can be many reasons for this, only a actual medical exam can tell what is wrong.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 7, 2015, 05:15 PM
    It is possible to have a dislocated jaw, although it usually hurts - a lot.
    A nurse (IF it's this) will put a thumb on each back lower molar and push down and sideways, or a friend can.
    If it's not dislocated, then it's an abscess or infection under the gumline. Very common and you see a dentist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Difficulty in pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is not getting pregnant after 1 year of having sex with her. What can I do?

Expand a 4' door opening to 5 1/2' opening on a loadbearing basement wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have an unfinished basement that has a load bearing wall down the center of the basemant. It supports the center of the house. It runs 36 feet and perpendiculars into another load bearing wall. The 36 foot span has two 4 foot openings with 2 2x 8" headers in each opening. Both openings occur...

I have a distressing mouth odour.I have gone to physician who washed my mouth but it' [ 2 Answers ]

I have a distressing mouth odour that any time I talk in front of people,they will start rubbing their nose.This is really affecting my social life strongly.I went to a physician who washed my gum but it's still persisting.It's like the odour is from my breath.Please,what do I do.This is seriously...

Difficulty in breathing [ 10 Answers ]

I smoke, and drink large amounts of caffine. At night when I am trying to drift off to sleep I have a terrifying feeling.. on and off for the first hour, it feels like no air is going in my lungs and it feels like my heart stops for around 3 seconds, in response to this horrible feeling I gasp...

View more questions Search