Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    504NOLAPrincess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2015, 01:59 PM
    Haunted?
    I lost my father in 2009, I was in Florida, he was in New Orleans. Once I moved out to NOLA a year and a half later, and moved with me his furniture, along with numerous personal items (i.e. wallet, camera, cowboy hat, antique nicknacks, items from Vietnam, etc.), I started noticing activity in my home for the first time in my life. Like, night 2 of unpacking after I set up "his bookshelf" with all the items or "trigger objects." I have moved 3 times since that first house, and now, in house #4, the activity continues like it's following me and not confined to one home, and is becoming harder to ignore or brush off as the animals, kids, or neighbors.

One night my boyfriend and I were watching a movie on our PS2 and the remote, which was all the way up on the dresser, started rewinding on it's own for about 10 secs. My kids remote control cars have gone off consistently with the remote in a separate room, I've seen orbs, shadows, been touched, basically everything aside from voices (that I haven't been able to brush off), poltergeist activity or an actual apparition.

Is having some many of my father's possessions in my home creating some type of doorway for him? Debating getting some of my own investigation equipment because at this point there is no denying it anymore, and I would like to know if it is him so I (and my children) can feel safe rather than haunted.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Mar 6, 2015, 02:32 PM
    I do believe there are spiritual doorways, but not necessarily in this situation. I know what I'm going to throw out there at you is not the popular belief, but it is very likely a spirit was attached to your father (not his own). When he passed it very likely just stayed with his things and may even want to stay in the same family. Spirits many times will attach themselves to a family and move from member to member, especially after a death. This spirit may even represent itself as your father to you. It would know things your father knew and maybe even do things your father would do. I find this to be a rather deceptive device. I doubt this will become a violent type of haunting, but I would certainly look to have it removed. By all means keep your fathers things... but tell the spirit it needs to leave. If things keep up I suggest speaking with a local church to have it removed (not blessed).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 6, 2015, 09:09 PM
    I will go with Hauntinghelper on this one. Also if you try and find out who the spirit is, guess what the lie, evil ones will almost always appear to be someone you would like or want to see.

There is most likely one main object that a spirit got attached to. Since it has not been dangerous after all this itme, it does not appear to be.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2015, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 504NOLAPrincess View Post
    Debating getting some of my own investigation equipment because at this point there is no denying it anymore, and I would like to know if it is him so I (and my children) can feel safe rather than haunted.
    Hi Princess, if you go this route woud you keep us informed? Thank you
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2015, 12:11 PM
    Am I right in thinking that you were not with your father when he passed? Having re-read your post it says you went to NOLA a year and a half later to pick up his things if this is the case I am wondering thinking of all the things he has done to you and your family if he is trying to say... hi I'm still here! After all he's not hurt anyone turned on the kids toys,remote control when you were watching a movie etc.. etc... all the things that we might do to attact someone's attention.Yes spooky but just what I think.Maybe try talking to him when your doing your daily routine see what happens.Just say you hope he's OK .Can you visit where he is laid to rest if so go speak with him there talk about the kids,TV what ever springs to mind,do this as much as you are able see if things calm down at home.Once he knows you are all OK you may find everything will stop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house is not being haunted its me that is being haunted [ 4 Answers ]

I am being haunted its not my home it has followed me for many yrs I wake up with marks like bruising bite marks scratches its just getting worse and I don't know what to do anymore I'm tired my uncle is native american and he says I'm being attacked by a skinwalker please I need advise please

Am I haunted. [ 3 Answers ]

OK, so I'm not kidding when I tell you this. Every night I have the same dream (only when I sleep at my house. If I'm at a friends or somewhere else for the night, I don't dream at all; I just feel like someone is watching me). The dream starts the same every night. Ill be asleep and then I'll...

Am I being haunted? [ 2 Answers ]

Ghost's. Paranormal. Spirit's.

Haunted by an Ex. [ 8 Answers ]

We dated for 6 almost 7 months and we were very happily in love. We broke up and got back together 3 times.. which on my part, I see now, was my mistake for taking him back 3 times. You do break up for a reason after all.. but you know how it is.. Break-ups are very hard, especially when you...

Haunted or not [ 2 Answers ]

I think my house is haunted somebody please give me tips on how to tell if it's a good spirit or not because I am really freaked out because I feel something behind me and its scary.:eek:

View more questions Search