Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sean999 Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2015, 02:08 AM
    Sylvester Stallone
    Hi,

Today, I saw a news about sylvester stallone. He is now buddhist. I find in the internet and saw many websites still show he is christian.(including wekipedia). How about your thinking?

Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 6, 2015, 04:47 AM
    There are web sites, that show I am still living and working in Tennessee and I have not been there in 15 years.
    1. First many news are wrong, you can not believe even half of what you hear on most of the news.
    2. Internet sites are not keep up to date. Some are never reviewed, others only fixed after complaints or being proven.
    3.So if he did change, of course many web sites will still show other views.
    4. wekipedia is the last place you look for any truth or real facts.
    Expert

Mar 6, 2015, 04:56 AM
    snopes.com: Sylvester Stallone Finds Religion

Snopes is a good place to check out most rumors. Updated this month, it shows he was Catholic but not very active, and now while still Catholic, just considers himself spiritual. Not sure where you heard he was Buddhist, in fact it appears that the bigger gossip is that he was "born again" which was not true
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 6, 2015, 05:15 AM
    I agree about all of this except wikipedia.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 6, 2015, 05:46 AM
    And why does this concern you? Are you going to stop seeing his movies if he now follows Buddhism?
    Sean999 Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2015, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    And why does this concern you? Are you going to stop seeing his movies if he now follows Buddhism?

Ha Ha. Come on man. He is my great hero. I am always learn how he try hard. I am always search his watches, ball pens and knives that he used in his movies. You just think from the side of "fan". Not from religion view. Moreover, I am buddhist. According to your saying, I have to watch his movies more. Haha. Just kidding.

Thank you
    Expert

Mar 6, 2015, 08:37 PM
    He did use some Buddhist ideas in his movie, which could be the reason he is saying more spiritual now than Catholic. Or perhaps a Buddhist Catholic. I know my wife was Buddhist most of her life, and just converted to Christian this year. So we still practice many Buddhist things around our house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sylvester, Toeplitz and circulant matrices [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there, I need your help, smart mathematicians. My questions are found in the attached file. Many thanks Silvia

The movie called the EXPENDABLES with Sylvester Stallone [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the movie by director sylvester stallone

View more questions Search