Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheWalrus Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2015, 04:08 PM
    Can photos found on Google Images be used commercially?
    I want to make some extra cash making people posters for a small fee. I wondered if Google Images photos can be used without paying anything. I assume I at least have to give the url under the photo, but I want to know the specifics of what can and cannot be done.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2015, 04:13 PM
    Copyright laws are there for a purpose and you may appear to be a stalker.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2015, 10:30 PM
    you will have to go to the actual source of the photo, Google merely is a search engine for locating photos from other web sites. So many of the photos have copyright protection.

I took 10 random photos, and followed them back to their source. All where from copyrighted webpages.

So you would need to find photos, and track them, and find ones from pages not protected under copyright.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 5, 2015, 12:23 AM
    Can photos found on Google Images be used commercially? - Generally, NO, as already mentioned.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 5, 2015, 07:06 AM
    Fair use doctrine states that you cannot use copyrighted material to earn income from any product using that material.
    TheWalrus Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2015, 02:47 PM
    All right! Thanks, folks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Google images can't get source [ 8 Answers ]

I use to be able to go to Google.com and click images. Then say l00 images Come up of a yellow moth... I click one I'm searching for and nothing Happens. I use to be able to get to the source of the photo so I can get The name of whatever I'm looking for. It changed. Doesn't anyone have...

What's wrong with Google images? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I know what images.Google.com looks like and I can feel a depressing difference now... During this week I've been trying to search images almost every day... but I find out that it doesn't work the same.. I mean the way it used to work for me.. does anyone else seem like having the same...

How to delete pics from Google Images [ 10 Answers ]

There are pictures of me and the ex when you Google my full name... and I want those gone. How do I do this?

Enlarging Photos or Images [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm here to ask about the best software or the best way to enlarge a normal images to a high resolution images. I'm having trouble about finding a high resolution images on the websites. Even my own images that i take using a digital camera is still bad. Can anyone here helps. If anybody...

View more questions Search