Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bro98 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2015, 03:01 PM
    Bopped in the face, eye is weird now
    I got punched in the upper eye/forehead. Broke my sunglasses and made my contact pop out. Not much pain, no swelling, no black eye, just a red mark on my forehead and a scratch on my cheek. Gone the next day(besides the scratch). I put in a new contact and noticed immediately that my vision isn't quite as good in that one eye. Eye also feels slightly stingy few days later. The weird thing is my vision seems normal wearing glasses. I am a little nervous what should I do?

Thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 3, 2015, 06:40 PM
    I would go to a walk in optical shop if you have to wait to see your optometrist. They may have drops that can show if you have a scratch on your eye. If you do, you have to go to the optometrist. If you don't, you need to go anyway. Aside from a scratch, which usually will heal, there's a chance you could have a tiny piece of glass in your eye.

Because it doesn't hurt to blink, however, I'm wondering if your new contact isn't quite right! So off you go to the optometrist. If you go where you got your script, it might be free.

Note that contacts are shaped to the curvature of each eye... so you could have right and left mixed up. Very rare that you might have temporarily changed the shape. (I have astigmatism - mine change shape constantly.)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2015, 06:46 PM
    I may go slightly further and have a complete eye exam. A blow to the face can also cause retina damage that can only be detected though a very close exam.
    Bro98 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2015, 07:25 PM
    I appreciate the helpful feedback

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My moms left side of face got swollen and her eye also blinks slow than the other eye [ 1 Answers ]

My moms left side of her face is swollen and her left eye blinks slower than the other eye. It just happened yesterday

Eye problem after pesticide sprayed in face [ 2 Answers ]

A few days ago I accidentally got some raid max spray in my eye I think. I did not flush out because I did not think any got in my eye. Now my side of my eye is red and looks veiny. Also there's some discomfort. What should I do? Is there any medicines I can take, do I just flush out my eye? I did...

Eye tooth fractured face pain, fever [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I was having swelling and I know I have abscesses due to the taste and pain I was having. I went to a local dentist who xrayed them saying nothing was wrong. I was perplexed saying all the symptoms pointed to abscess. He gave me a script for amoxacillin (10 day) and that has run its...

Weird bump on face, what is it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have had this weird bump on my lower cheek for about 4 months now. It's really starting to bother me (not painful just annoying). When it first came in I thought it was cystic acne or a milia but it's not. I applied salycic acid acne cream to it for a while but that didn't work. I have...

Weird Face Rash [ 6 Answers ]

I have been searching the net and came across a couple of sites before this one. And to state right away nothing in my day to day has changed and I didnt eat anything I would not normally eat. This morning I woke up and my entire face was completely covered with barely visible bumps, almost like...

View more questions Search