Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khaledomer05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2015, 04:44 AM
    About to marry your relatives
    I want proof from bible that allow to marry your relative , I want to convince christian
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 3, 2015, 04:46 AM
    What sort of relative ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2015, 07:47 PM
    The Bible, Genesis 28:2, cousins are OK to marry

Each of the following individuals in scripture were in the lineage of Mary, Christ's mother, or Joseph, his "earthly" father, who were chosen by God to raise His son. Most, if not all, occurred (chronologically) after the time in which Levitican law was written. Zelophehad's daughters did as the LORD commanded Moses. Zelophehad's daughters, Mahlah, Tirzah, Hoglah, Milcah and Noah, married their cousins on their father's side (Numbers 36:1-11).

Milcah was married to her cousin, Nahor. They had a grand daughter named Rebekkah. In Genesis 24:48-51, the story unfolds of how, against all odds, God's direction for her to marry her cousin's son Isaac (first cousin once removed) is made crystal clear.

Isaac and Rebekkah had two son's. Jacob was the son whom was blessed to fulfill God's prophecy that the descendant's of Abraham (Jacob's grandfather, Isaac's father) would become a great nation. Isaac instructed Jacob to marry a daughter of Rebekkah's brother. Although he immediately fell in love and became engaged to his cousin Rachel, his uncle tricked him into first marrying Rachel's sister Leah. Although God blessed Jacob greatly, Jacob suffered much grief and heartache for having married both sisters. Jacob's descendants became what is now known as the twelve tribes of Israel. (Genesis chapters 19 and 29)

In I Chronicles 23:22, Eleazar's daughters married their first cousins.

The following marriages are prohibited:
    Stepchildren (Lev 18:8,17) – NOT blood related – only through marriage
    Stepsisters (Lev 18:11) – NOT blood related
    Daughter-in-law – d
    Sister-in-law (Lev 18:16) – NOT blood related(Lev 18:15) – NOT blood relate
    Step-granddaughter (Lev 18:17) – NOT blood related
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 4, 2015, 03:08 PM
    Did Fr_Chuck mean NOT prohibited?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cecils relatives [ 0 Answers ]

Did Cecil Aldin ever paint using another name? We have an original watercolour of a similar style with several huntsmen charging towards an inn,there are 2 boys on hobbyhorses along side.Its signed by a R Cecil Morris wth the Cecil Identical to that of Aldin.Is there any connection and could his...

I'm a christian girl and want to marry a maharashtrian boy can I marry him [ 0 Answers ]

Can I marry a guy who is elder dn me for 4yrs

Trying to find any of my relatives [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find my biological father. His name is Robert Holmes and lived in Illinois when I was born in 1979. I also have a sister born around the same time as me in Illinois, whose name is also Amanda. My father has a brother named David and a sister named Dianne. I have been told that I...

Evicting Relatives [ 1 Answers ]

How do I legally evict my son from our second home. No rent has been colleted

View more questions Search