Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jsab11 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2015, 04:02 AM
    Is it advisable for a social science graduate to work for a call center agency?
    I’m a fresh graduate and don’t have any experience in call-center jobs. When I visited the website of this company, I found out that even high school graduates can apply. This gives me a relief, as I have a college diploma, but, at the same time, fear, as it may not be the right job for me.

Is there any college graduate here who is working for a call-center agency? Do you have any piece of advice?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 2, 2015, 04:21 AM
    Everyone has to start their working careers somewhere, so why not.
    After all it's all good experience and it's better to look for a job while you have one, that way you can weigh up the pros and cons better.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 2, 2015, 04:24 AM
    People often take jobs for the experience and opportunity. You start at the bottom and learn to work your way up. Trying it will be the only way to know if it's the job for you, and what's wrong with earning a living while you look for better options, and opportunities?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 2, 2015, 05:25 AM
    Grads use call centres as a means to an end. Gain experience and job history while making minimum wage, while keeping your eyes open for prospects.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2015, 05:47 AM
    These are normally high stress jobs that most people do not keep for long. No job looks bad on a resume, as long as you do a good job and get a good reference from the company.

There are people with Masters Degrees working at the counter at many McDonalds now, because unemployment is high and you get a job where you can, till you find a better one, or one in your field.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 2, 2015, 06:39 AM
    Did you think that a social sciences degree would get you a good job? It won't. There aren't really any academic disciplines besides computer programming that will.
    You have to go to grad school for a specialty - teaching, social work, counseling, law, medicine, you decide.
    Six months at any menial or beginning job is a good thing to do, for school or future jobs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2015, 08:21 AM
    Yes, if this is just a B.S. in social science, you will need to work that call center job and go back for a Masters Degree ( at least in my opinion) to start finding work in the field. If you have not had a job before, this is a good experience at how bad a job can be, and why you need to get more education.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing graduate 2009 at regional traning center, Zamboanga city [ 2 Answers ]

Graduating student year 2009 at regional training center,San rogue Zamboanga City

Got a call from a collection agency who was taping my call [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a call from a collection agaency and wanted to gather information about a mastercard debt I owe. I told them that I don't own a mastercard, then they preceded to tell me my ss # and asked me if it was mine. I told them that the ss # was mine and how did they get my ss # since I don't own...

View more questions Search