J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 28, 2015, 06:53 PM
    It's a scam.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 28, 2015, 06:53 PM
    Your question is a bit vague.

Are you looking for a friend that lives in Ghana? Did you meet someone online that's asking for money that lives in Ghana (a very common scam)?

The more info you give us, the better we're able to help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2015, 07:55 PM
    You got suckered... they don't exist and you will never get your money back.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2015, 10:23 PM
    There is no real way to find a person there, unless you went there and tried asking around, hired a private detective and more. Even then it will depend on how much you know.

That area the police or local areas of police are paid and work often for the criminal element.

It is also one of the largest area, including most of ghana for internet scams. Most use western union fraud.

They will give a convincing story, often using fake ID, or purchased ID, and take several months building a story, till they get a person to send money, Sometimes for dating, or found gold, or an inheritance.

I was given a tour of one of their centers some years ago, (they were very proud and not worried, since even after making national news, and being on Oprah, people still fall for them.

Old ladies and men, email and use voice skype (they always have a reason they can not use video) the men will have women sounding voices, but mostly email, they work in three shifts a day, 7 days a week, you may talk to person A today, but person B reads the scripts and answers you're the next day, if the other person out.

If you push and push, for video, often the person in video will not match photo, but always be more beautiful, they have an excuse saying they did not want you to love them just for their beauty,

So, you did not say why you want to find them, but I will assume, after months of chatting, they stop chatting with you. Or you just sent money, and now they do not answer. Normally they come back in about a month, and say on the way to airport they were robbed, or that the evil government at airport, arrested them because they did not have enough money to bribe them.

If you sent money, you most likely will hear from them, for more money, if you did not send money, normally they give up after some point.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 1, 2015, 08:59 AM
    Are you looking to confirm who that cutie pie you have been talking to online is for real? Don't waste your time and money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding people in accra ghana [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking for Barrister Paul Manson, Esq. I have gone through the barrister list of Accra he is not there. Need some help please to see if he is in fact legitimate. Thanks.

People live in ghana accra address [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for my grandmother address her name is Sherifatu Haruna

How to find person in ghana accra [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for someone named kwarteng appiah itf princewel he says he lives in accra ghana

Looking people in accra ghana [ 7 Answers ]

Can you tell me if this person really lives in Accra Ghana here name is Adama Aziz

View more questions Search