Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dotts0123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2015, 11:37 AM
    1979 rheem furnace Troubleshoot
    I have a 1979 Rheem furnace that turns on and off constantly. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this. Purchased a new load limit switch and that is fine now.Help, please.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2015, 12:46 PM
    What is turning on & off? Is it the burner, fan, or both?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2015, 03:32 PM
    At 35 plus years old , unless it has been extreamly well taken care of and inspected regularly , it should be replaced, just my thoughts and opinion,

At 35 plus years old , unless it has been extreamly well taken care of and inspected regularly , it should be replaced, just my thoughts and opinion,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace for 1979 camper [ 0 Answers ]

So I am (blessed) with a suburban heater in my camper. I managed to get it to work, with the pilot lit and stayed, the burner to come on, and the fan to blow (blows with or without flame) I had to replace the thermostat because the old one was no good, but a day later the thing quit. When it calls...

Furnace troubleshoot [ 0 Answers ]

Furnace is a Concord 80 plus. It will hesitate at start, for two times, then will kick on and operate properly. The model # is RGU80A100D14-3A. The green light on top has inter mitten flashes and other then the stagger start, works fine. Any solution would be appreciated, thank you.

Troubleshoot a Intertherm Furnace? [ 0 Answers ]

I have an intertherm furnace. When in AC mode it will run a while and then the furnace will shut off and the outside unit will continue to run. At this time I also will have the "the flame fail light" blinking continuously about the power light. I have replaced the thermostat,wire to the furnace...

Rheem quiet 80 blinking lights.troubleshoot? [ 1 Answers ]

We just had a Rheem quiet 80 installed and there is now a green light that blinks 3 times. What is the problem and how do I fix this.

Troubleshoot an oil furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Oil Furnace and it will not start. I hit the reset next to it and it will kik on for about 30 sec but will I get not flame. It sprays the oil.

View more questions Search