Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2015, 02:57 AM
    1950's movie. Colour.
    Short scene where a man is executed by an elephant crushing his head with it's foot.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Feb 28, 2015, 11:54 AM
    This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlswWbQcvUk? Not sure what movie it's from though.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Mar 2, 2015, 10:05 AM
    I think it may be from the movie The Sign of the Cross by Cecil De Mille... https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...2F%3B320%3B240
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Mar 3, 2015, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    I think it may be from the movie The Sign of the Cross by Cecil De Mille... https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...2F%3B320%3B240

That movie is in b&w and has no such scene in it. There are two versions: the original and the re-release featuring a World War II framework.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXYjgKjZ39g
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Mar 4, 2015, 09:25 AM
    Hi Moonstruck - this is the article where I got the info that led me to the image...
    .. ....The original, unedited version survived only as single print in his personal vault until its recent restoration. What it revealed is a film like little else prior to Pasolini's Salo in its combination of horror, degeneracy and an all-pervading sense of doom. There is a genuinely apocalyptic feel to the thing. A naked girl is tethered horizontally two feet from the ground as hungry crocodiles scuttle towards her, another is tied to a pole as a gorilla advances, her fate presumably an altogether different one, a battle is staged between gladiators and dwarves, an elephant crushes a man's head beneath its foot, and through it all De Mille cuts to Laughton and the other spectators salivating and laying wagers on the outcome.....
    Movietone News: Charles Laughton in Hollywood: Different from all the world

I know the op mentioned it was in color, but memories can be a tricky thing, if its not the film the op is looking for we can cross it off the list and continue on the search! Times like this when it would be so nice for the op to come back with a yay or nay...
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Mar 4, 2015, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    Hi Moonstruck - this is the article where I got the info that led me to the image...
    .. ....The original, unedited version survived only as single print in his personal vault until its recent restoration. What it revealed is a film like little else prior to Pasolini's Salo in its combination of horror, degeneracy and an all-pervading sense of doom. There is a genuinely apocalyptic feel to the thing. A naked girl is tethered horizontally two feet from the ground as hungry crocodiles scuttle towards her, another is tied to a pole as a gorilla advances, her fate presumably an altogether different one, a battle is staged between gladiators and dwarves, an elephant crushes a man's head beneath its foot, and through it all De Mille cuts to Laughton and the other spectators salivating and laying wagers on the outcome.....
    Movietone News: Charles Laughton in Hollywood: Different from all the world

I know the op mentioned it was in color, but memories can be a tricky thing, if its not the film the op is looking for we can cross it off the list and continue on the search! Times like this when it would be so nice for the op to come back with a yay or nay...
    It is conceivable that it's an excised scene from the original. I've seen both versions a number of times, and I definitely would have remembered such explicit scenes. I saw uncut versions, but there could have been editing somewhere. Pre-Code films often had surprisingly daring moments.
    jenniesmith019 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2015, 01:32 AM
    Cross by Cecil De Mille?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This movie I am looking for is from the 1950 [ 3 Answers ]

This movie I am looking for is from the 1950's or 1960's.It is a black n white movie and the scene is of a man and a little girl with black shoulder length curly hair running from a house ( the man is holding her hand) that is being pushed off it's foundation by black crystals coming up from the...

1950/60 horror movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,my sister was telling me about a movie she saw years ago about an american college student who was turned into a snake and at the end was given to a "freak show'. Students kept disappearing as the doctor couldn't get the experiment working properly. Apparently in the end the boys girlfriend went...

Old 1950's or 1960 movie [ 1 Answers ]

A movie star goes to her country home and find a group of orphans living there. I think she becomes attracted to the minister of the small town. She ends up adopting the group of siblings. I cannot remember who is in it to look it up or the title. Thanks for your help

A 1950 or 1960 movie [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie about a lady and boy on a farm.She goes to a dance and has a box lunch.:)

View more questions Search