Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tayelemma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2015, 06:13 AM
    I want to learn PHD in Environmental Science Scholarship
    My Name is Taye Lemma. I am 39 years old. I have MSc. In Environmental Science, BSc. In Natural Resource Management,College Diploma in Agricultural engineering Mechanization. I have more than 17 years working experience from Ethiopia. This is the first time for me while searching for scholarship. Please find for me scholarship in PHD in the subject discipline of Natural resource or Environmental management fields.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 27, 2015, 06:24 AM
    Hi, I don't know of scholarships for PhD level studies for any field. It's traditional to work while you study, usually as a TA (teaching assistant) or lab assistant or some other job associated with the school. So you find the school that is best for what you want to specialize in, and then ask about jobs. The pay is often low and you live in student housing.

If you have a government job, have you asked them to send you to school, in exchange for a promise to work for them for 10 years? That's another typical scenario in smaller countries who need your skills and education.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Feb 27, 2015, 07:00 AM
    Many companies offer their employees a stipend toward higher education. I would seek employment at a company that encourages higher education and will pay you for it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 27, 2015, 08:05 AM
    You have to inquire at the schools, or companies around you, and first see if they have what you seek, and then APPLY for them. Seldom are they advertised.

Google is your friend, so start a search using advanced scholarship in Ethiopia for instance and browse what comes up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2015, 11:09 PM
    Each school may offer some various scholarships, but they will not be very inclusive, Next for PhD you may inquire for work projects within the University to help pay for some of the costs. You need to get with the university you want to attend and try to work out funding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Earth and Environmental Science [ 2 Answers ]

Im freshman, don't really understand the homework. If someone could help me with like two problems then I could get the rest. Hopefully. Okay, 1000mg = ____ g 14 km = ____ m

Environmental Science [ 6 Answers ]

Many environmental problems, such as depletion of natural resources, air pollution, and Overpopulation, exist throughout the world. The root of most of these global problems stems From the local environment and decisions made at local levels that are based on lifestyles Choices such as those...

Environmental science I need answers so I can check mine [ 3 Answers ]

1. What do decomposers do? a. eat producers b. eat consumers c. make food d. break down dead organisms Answer... D? 2. Which of the following do organisms compete for?

Environmental Science [ 1 Answers ]

What are some benefits and drawbacks of insect birth control through sterilization?

Environmental science [ 1 Answers ]

What are the benefits and risks of insect birth control through sterilization?

View more questions Search