Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2015, 07:50 PM
    Unsecured debt
    Can auto finance company place a lien on my homestead property in the state of Michigan for an auto lease I can not pay?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 27, 2015, 01:08 PM
    If they sue you and get a judgment, they can record the judgment; that would constitute a lien. However in some states there are provisions protecting homesteads. Such provision may possibly protect your home in this case.

Did you sign an agreement with them which said anything about such a lien?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High secured debt virtually no unsecured debt [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I have managed our finances pretty good, not great, but highly dependent on my good paying job... which I just lost. I suspect that it could take over a year to even get a 75% of my prior pay level :( House is at least 85k upside down {if even sellable}, 1st mortgage and home equity...

Judgement of unsecured debt [ 1 Answers ]

I have a court date of Jan. 13,2009. It is for a credit card debt,(since a law office has taken over the debt). It is being charged interest daily. What can I do about this? I've even considered bankruptcy. mfergie20

Unsecured Debt Collection [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently living in South Carolina and we do not have any garnishment of wages laws. I am wondering what legal actions can be brought against me if I am unable to repay an unsecured loan to the bank?

Unsecured debt [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going to court for a debt that I can't afford to pay. Can you tell me what's going to happen? I live in Atlanta, Ga.

Senior - unsecured debt [ 4 Answers ]

I owe a lot of money to various credit card companies due to changes in my circumstances. I am beiing sued, but have so far avoided the subphenia. (They only came to my house today). I have not spoken with, or acknowledged any debt, either by phone or in writing. I am 68 years old and live...

View more questions Search