Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caimmatty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2015, 02:23 PM
    Can a person re-apply for U-visa if facts change?
    I just received a case where a U-visa applicant was denied because at the time of application he was an LPR. He is currently in removal proceedings and is inadmissible due to a felony drug conviction. I want to counsel him to abandon his LPR status and re-apply for a U-visa. Will his second U-visa application be considered or will it be denied as his first application was denied?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Mar 28, 2015, 03:12 PM
    Someone with felony drug conviction is not qualified, except in some cases that the person is key witness in big case... other than that I don't see any possibility.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2015, 05:44 PM
    It will no be denied because the first one was denied, each case would be judged on its own merits. But as noted, the drug conviction should disqualify them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I have to apply for uk tier 1 dependent visa but if my husband visa is getting x [ 0 Answers ]

If I have to apply for tier 1 dependent visa for uk but after 1 & half month , my husband visa is getting expire. Will it create any problem?since my hubby is living over here 7 years.lawyer said it will not show problem even you can apply the day before the xipry date of huby visa?plzz help me

Filipino with working visa has been to Greece, can re apply for schengen visa? [ 0 Answers ]

I am a filipino, working in china, guangzhou since 2006, the same company and holding a valid working visa. I have been to Greece 2010 and I want to re apply for a tourist visa again to Greece for August 2011 summer holiday here in Guangzhou. I was also granted a tourist visa to Seoul for a month...

I want to apply for Dependent visa for me and my kid.My hubby is in UK Student visa. [ 0 Answers ]

My husband went on student visa to UK one month back. Now myself and my kid of below 5 years want to apply for dependent visa. I want to know the documentations required from me and my husband and how much funds to be shown. Both has to show. Or only myself has to show.

If a person has a B2 visa, it expires, can they change their status while in the you.S? [ 1 Answers ]

If a person has a B2 visa, it expired, can they change their status while in the U.S. Can they file maybe for residency if they have someone to claim them?

View more questions Search