Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janmustang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2015, 12:24 PM
    When the furnace ignites only 2 of the 3 burners ignites flame sensor detects no flam
    When furnace ignites only 2 of 3 burners ignite therefore the flame sensor detects no flame and shuts down, then goes through a restart. Sometimes it works sometimes it goes into self heal mode and a few times has gone to lockout mode of 1 hour and has to be reset. Sometimes when it ignites 1+2 ignite and 3 is delayed but does beat the 8 second window to start unit.
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Feb 25, 2015, 12:29 PM
    Sound like the burners need to be cleaned.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2015, 03:30 PM
    If your burners look like small airplanes, the 'wings' are what carry the fire from one burner to the next. It is quite common for them to become plugged with rust or other debris.
    Remove the burners, wire brush each one, clean the slots in the wings with a very thin putty knife of a blade type feeler gauge, blow every thing out with air (canned or otherwise), put things back together, & give the furnace a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a goodman furnace,flame sensor lights but burners won't burn. [ 0 Answers ]

Flame sensor lights but burners won't burn

Carrier 58DHC075 furnace ignites but flame goes out [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Carrier natural gas furnace. Model 58DHC075-HC I think it is 92000 BTU. It was made aroung 1990 The furnace ignites OK, but then after a few seconds the flame foes out. I guess this might be due to a faulty flame detector. Is there any way I can be sure of thuis befoire I order a...

Furnace ignites then quits [ 1 Answers ]

Occasionally, my furnace ignites for a few seconds then goes out. A few seconds later it ignites again then goes out and doesn't try to ignite again. During this the little blower is going and the igniter is glowing until after the second attempt. All burners ignite each time. Sometimes the...

My gas furnace ignites and then goes out [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I have a gas fired luxaire furnace that's about 5 years old and when it calls for heat the element lights, the burners lite and then they go out in about 3 seconds the led flashes 7 times. Any sugestions?

Gas furnace ignites intermittently-ignites after removing cover from ignitor chamber [ 3 Answers ]

Unit: Carrier WeatherMaker 9200 gas furnace, with an HSI ignitor Symptom 1: Thermostat is calling for heat, as evidenced by a flame icon on thermostat face, but no action in the furnace. Symptom 2: Ignites only AFTER I initiate Action 2 below. Then it seems to work for a while, until the...

View more questions Search