Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Laticia Taylor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2015, 01:29 AM
    Borrow from my 401 in one year
    If I work for the Government and have borrowed money from my 401 in January 2015. How soon can I borrow again? Is there a limited number of times to borrow from my 401.

How soon and how often can you borrow from your 401 in one year time frame?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2015, 06:24 AM
    First, I moved your question from the Introductions forum/ That forum is just for introducing yourself to the community not for asking questions.

Second, Government workers don't have 401(k) plans as far as I'm aware. They may have similar defined contribution plans, but its not a 401(k).

Finally, such plan provisions are specific to you're the plan. Different plans may differ from employer to employer. So you really need to ask this question of your Benefits dept.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Borrow money from 401k after 70 year of age [ 4 Answers ]

I am 70 years old. Planning to borrow 50.000 from 401k to buy a house. I am divorced.the house is going to cost 150.000 total. What are the pro/cons?

How do I find the interest rate if I borrow $700 and repay $749 at the end of 1 year? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find the interest rate if I borrow $700 and repay $749 at the end of 1 year?

Can unemplyed people borrow from 401(k)? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently unemplyed and CANNOT get a straight answer to the question whether I can borrow from my 401(k). Does anybody know the simple "yes" or "no" to that question? I'll worry about rules, etc. later. I need to start with the simple answer. Thank you!

Need to borrow from my 401 K and withdraw my Ira to purchase a home [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if I can do both without having to pay taxes or getting in trouble with Uncle Sams. This is my first property, and I need to come with $25,000 for a down Payment and closing cost. I have $12,000 in IRA, and $28,000 in my 401 K. My 401 K Plan allows me to borrow money up...

401 K and Tax year [ 5 Answers ]

If you want to withdraw a 401 K, when is the last date for withdrawal for that year? Specifically, like in contributions, when you contribute you can wait till April of 2007 for year2006 tax return. Is this the same for withdrawal?

View more questions Search