Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacey87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2015, 08:18 AM
    My past is a part of the person I am today.
    Ok I am a 27 yr old female from Dallas Tx. Recently I have gotten out of a drug rehab for an old possession charge from 2012. In January 2014 I received 3 yrs probation and the completion of a 6 month rehab which I did complete successfully. I have already been on probation for 1 yr and I'm currently part of a drug court program known as the stack program. I am doing everything necessary and have remained clean for a yr now. I've even been working for awhile now. But I wanna turn my life around dramatically and do something with myself.

What I wanna know is, is there anyway the air force will let me join now? I've completed a third of my sentence already.

Please help me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 24, 2015, 08:50 AM
    Go have a chat with an AF recruiter. They can give you specific answers to your questions.

Contact Us: Frequently Asked Questions - airforce.com

Then to,

Contact Us: Frequently Asked Questions - airforce.com

What law violations will disqualify me?

Law violations have an impact on qualifying for Air Force enlistment. It is best that you contact your local Air Force recruiter who is qualified to answer questions on your specific situation.
    For more information on this subject, you can chat with one of our online advisers or click here to contact us and get in touch with your local recruiter.

If I have done drugs, am I disqualified to join?

In most cases, substance abuse is disqualifying. Your specific circumstances should be discussed with your recruiter for an accurate determination to be made.
    For more information on this subject, you can chat with one of our online advisers or click here to contact us and get in touch with your local recruiter.
    Ask them if you can join a different branch of the military, and transfer to the AF at a later time.
    Dasanii05 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2015, 02:34 AM
    The air force and the navy are probably the toughest to get in. I had to jump through hoops myself just to get into the army. I had some things on my record. They were the only branch that gave out what they call "waivers" as a way for you to be accepted in the army. If u don't have any luck with the air force I do suggest trying the army or the marines. Don't give up. 😉

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to help move a person past being mad at you? [ 38 Answers ]

How you can tell a person that the information you found out about them. That you didn't see it nowhere, that you had a friend to look them up. For they can stop being mad at you. >threads merged for comprehension's sake<

Some part of him still lives in his past, so he is confused and needs to think... [ 7 Answers ]

I like to know someone's idea with a similar experience. I need some help... 2.5 years ago I started dating one of my colleagues. We knew each other from 3 years before that, but each of us had partner before. After 3 years, both of us were single and started dating. We had great time, never...

Period is due today but been having light bleeding&lower back-ache for past 4 days [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying to conceive. I am not on anything. My period is due today but have been experincing light bleeding or spotting 4 days before.the spotting is still here but its not like period blood.I have lower back pains and feeling tired and sluggish. Is this implantation bleeding or...

My husband has a past,today he has relation with her as a friend. [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has a past, today he has relation with her as a friend. How can I know he love me, or her, because I love him.

Poor social growth in past, today, is my mother too strict? [ 42 Answers ]

In childhood, she was concerned about my health and education but not really about social life. It was OK! For her that I was getting along with social outcasts who also had boring life. As long as I was "saint" and religious, going always to church this was making her happy. Any who is agnostic...

View more questions Search