Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KerrieVK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2015, 03:32 PM
    Can I put heat mats on a floor in a house that is usually cold?
    I have heat mats installed under the tile flooring in my chalet. It is only used several times a year and stays around 50 degrees while we are gone. They have stopped working and the tile guy says it is because the house gets too cold and when we come to use it we crank up the mats and they cannot take the load. Is it uncommon to have this problem?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2015, 03:47 PM
    Is the tile person suggesting a breaker is tripping or the wire in the mat is bad?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

House is cold even heat is on to 70 (thermostat) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 story house and about 20 years old. I recently bought this house. I do not know so much about to maintain properly. I have a delime that, when I put the thermostat to 70, the downstairs always get cold but the upstairs get hot. As long as the hot air comes from room vent, it feels...

We are wanting to put a duel heat system in our house. [ 1 Answers ]

We have gotten quotes on Trane and Carrier systems. We are going to use a heat pump and gas furnace. Is Trane or Carrier the better brand?

Not getting much heat to 2nd floor of the house [ 1 Answers ]

I am not getting much heat to the 2nd floor of our house. When the furnace is running there is very little air flow coming from the vents.

View more questions Search