Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Klankin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2015, 08:15 PM
    How to boot when there is no existing OS
    I need help getting a computer to boot after I have nuked the files.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2015, 10:11 PM
    Boot to what? You need an O/S on a bootable device to be able to boot it. The bootable device doesn't HAVE to be the hard drive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can tile be laid on existing concrete around existing drain [ 4 Answers ]

I am about to pour a floor in a new home. I installed the shower drain and want to build A walk-in shower. Can I simply tile over the new floor.

At cold boot,every day the computer need to boot twice [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I change my hardrive which has window installed,and since that,every day when I first turn on my computer,at the first boot,everything is fine up to the window saying window is setting your application,and then the boot stop with no message and then reboot again,and then it boot OK up to...

Macbook won't boot after safe boot mode [ 1 Answers ]

An intel-based Macbook running the latest version of Leopard will not boot after a safe boot. I held down shift to perform the safe boot. It apparently ran the diagnostics etc, and then came up with Safe Boot in red like it should. I then restarted and now I can't get past the gray Apple screen. It...

GPO applied on 2nd boot, not on 1st boot [ 1 Answers ]

I am deploying IE7 via a GPO in a Windows 2003 domain. The policy works fine. But only on a second boot of the Windows XP clients. (WindowsXP only environment). This seems totally silly to me. Shouldn't all policies be applied on every boot? :confused: How can I force the policy to be applied on...

Boot linux from an external hard drive dual boot? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I boot linex from an external hard drive dual boot. How do I do it ?

View more questions Search