Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2015, 05:06 PM
    Humerus surgery
    Due to a recent fall I fractured the Humerus bone in my left shoulder and had to have surgery which resulted in having titanium screws and a plate there to hold it together and am currently in physical therapy. Does anyone know if 100% range of motion can be accomplished eventually? Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2015, 05:24 PM
    What do your doctor and PT say? It depends on your age, extent of injury, original flexibility, how you are handling and adhering to PT instructions/manipulation/exercises, how well you follow up on your own. Or get an opinion from a well-respected chiropractor.
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2015, 05:57 PM
    PT says doing very well. Doc says "will take very long time and some people don't get 100% back".
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2015, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverromantic View Post
    PT says doing very well. Doc says "will take very long time and some people don't get 100% back".
    Do the assigned exercises, and do your best not to be one of those who don't get 100% back.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 20, 2015, 06:55 PM
    A nurse friend of mine had the same thing a year ago. She was out of work for 6 months and has now, a year later, regained 100% range of motion. With that said, each person is different and you may never be 100% whole. Or you may regain ROM faster. There is no way we can tell you how well you will recover. That is strictly up to your doctor and your PT.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 07:56 AM
    Time will tell. I know that is kind of a crappy answer but it is the best you will get. The problem is that he doesn't know. Everything could look good now and he could expect full range of motion at this point but something unforeseen could come up and reduce the range of motion of the arm. He's being truthful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Femur and Humerus below 5th centile [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a questing related to my wife's pregnancy. She is 36 weeks and 2 days. Had her regular visit with midwife yesterday. The midwife was concerned that she was measuring small and recommended a scan. The baby was measuring small <5% at 32 weeks too but we have been told that it is a small...

Radial nerve palsy following reduced humerus fracture [ 2 Answers ]

A few years ago when I was 18 (I am now 21) I was accidentally shot by a handgun. The bullet went through my chest and out the side. It then proceeded to enter my arm just below my arm pit and exited through my tricep right at the bottom where it begins to wrap around your arm. The orthopedist then...

Supracondylar Humerus Fracture [ 1 Answers ]

How long can we wait to fix a Supracondylar Humerus Fracture in a 5 year old girl?

I'm having surgery tomorrow to remove my iud has anyone had this surgery? [ 0 Answers ]

My iud has gone into my abdomonen and they are doing surgery to remove it tomorrow. I am very nervous they had 3 doctors the other day try and remove while they saw the iud on an ultrasound they found it but whenever they tried to get it with the forceps it would not come out, after trying for a...

Tubular breasts, surgery or no surgery? [ 28 Answers ]

Growing up I always hoped my weird looking breasts just hadn't fully developed but I'm now 21 and they're still the same. I didn't realise there was a medical name for my problem but recently I've been looking into surgery and was told I had tubular breasts. It's not so much the breast that I'm...

View more questions Search