Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christlin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2015, 09:11 AM
    Post root canal treatment
    I had a infected tooth from which pus was oozing and also had pain tenderness and swelling over the effected gum.. I had done a root canal treatment for my problem.. now der is no pus and swelling has reduced completely but whenever I put pressure over my effected gum I feel little sore.. is it normal?I have already spoke to my doctor and she said it's normal n it will take some time to resolve the infection completely.. but I am worried.pleasechelp
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 19, 2015, 10:32 AM
    It's normal to feel sore for anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks.
    If you don't have a fever, bright red tender gums, or pus, you are healing. Brush the gum around that tooth with a very soft brush to stimulate new tissue. Use dental floss. Don't chew hard there. Brush frequently, including your tongue.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 19, 2015, 11:00 AM
    I would brush gently, but NO dental floss yet. For the simple reason that some people saw away at their gums thinking this is the way it should be done. Dental floss should be used gently between teeth in an up and down motion and never completely around the tooth. Let the tissue around your tooth heal properly before disturbing with floss.

You are experiencing discomfort because the tooth has to settle. It also has to grow more bone mass around and under now the impactation is gone that created pockets where the infection gathered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I didn't have a crown after root canal treatment. [ 1 Answers ]

I had the treatment 2 years ago. Dentist suggested me to have a crown on the tooth. ( molar) but during the appointment for crowning I went back to my college hostel so I didn't get time. My tooth is weak and has a large hole. It moves when I move it. Do I need to crown it? Will I have to go...

Root canal treatment of teeth [ 1 Answers ]

I have done root canal treatment of teeth before 3 days but my teeth was jerk before done root canal treatment.Was it possible it will be well and I can't loose a teeth?

After the root canal treatment, why does the sensitivity and tenderness occur? [ 13 Answers ]

I am 57 years old recently I had root canal treatment. Tenderness and sensitvity reocurring. Please give me the possible causes.

Drill bit broke during root canal treatment? [ 2 Answers ]

Had 1st stage of root canal treatment, Dentist at end of visit told me drill bit broke and was in tooth but not to worry. 2nd visit had another x-ray so she could see drill bit and she spent visit trying to remove at my cost. She said she could not remove. She gave me 3 options.Pull tooth out ,go...

Post root canal [ 1 Answers ]

I had a root canal done yesterday morning on the last molar, upper left side (not wisdom tooth). On the 4th root, the dentist popped through the tooth (I could feel it and the drill temporarily got stuck). I am still having the same amount of pain and throbbing in the area, which I was told could...

View more questions Search