Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 29, 2015, 03:29 PM
    Dune Buggy - Presidents of the United States.
    Goldeneye15 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1
    -

Mar 29, 2015, 05:42 PM
    Into the distance let me fade
    I'm OK, just go away
    Expert

Mar 29, 2015, 05:49 PM
    Invisible Kid - Metllica.
    -

Mar 29, 2015, 06:27 PM
    With his hairstyle and drumming sticks
    Leather jacket, Chucks and ripped jeans
    Expert

Mar 29, 2015, 06:37 PM
    I Wanna Cut My Hair Like Marky Ramone - The Spazzys.
    -

Mar 29, 2015, 09:59 PM
    Compulsive habits that never seem to die
    Your breath has taken up all the air
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 30, 2015, 08:36 PM
    Green Day - You Lied

Finds a convenient streetlight, steps out of the shade
    He says something like, You and me, babe, how about it?
    Expert

Mar 30, 2015, 08:44 PM
    Romeo and Juliet - The Killers.

Something's getting in my way...

Something's just about to break.
    Expert

Mar 30, 2015, 08:59 PM
    LOL---I was thinking of the Dire Straits version, but either would work :P
    Expert

Mar 30, 2015, 09:05 PM
    Dire Straits! I forgot all about them!

How abot this one Synn

He though he passed his own shadow by the backstage door.
    Expert

Mar 30, 2015, 09:07 PM
    <3 You are MY Jukebox Hero, J :)
    Expert

Mar 30, 2015, 09:09 PM
    <3 and you are mine Synn!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 31, 2015, 03:46 PM
    Going nuts.

Sunday night Syd's friends mom called to ask if we could look after their dog for 4 days. Their dog sitter had to cancel.

Well these people take Syd to their cabin a few times a year, invite her to sleepovers, etc. so I figured this is the least I can do.

Well I'm going nuts. Not with Rocky, he's great. But Rascal and Chewy won't leave him alone. They won't stop sniffing him, licking him, and generally just annoying the crap out of him. It's been almost 2 hours since he came to our house, and they still haven't calmed down with the relentless sniffing.

Don't know what to do. I tried separating them for a while, but that just made them all the more eager to sniff him once they saw him again.

Part of me says to just let them sniff, get it out of their system and then it will be fine. But poor Rocky is stressed, he's had enough. Thank Dog he's such a laid back dog, but even though he's laid back, he growled a few times. Don't blame him, I'd growl too if two dogs, both bigger than me, wouldn't leave me alone for even a second.

Sigh. It's going to be a long 4 days. So much for Spring break. :(
    Expert

Mar 31, 2015, 06:16 PM
    Just leave it. They have to get to know him. Don't sweat the small stuff, it won't last the entire 4 days.
    Pets Expert

Apr 19, 2015, 08:32 PM
    AMHD is boring! Check in once a day, lucky to have one notification on a post I've responded to, and even luckier if I find one new question I can answer.

Used to spend hours on this site, now it's less than a minute, and that includes the time it took to post this.

This site is so dead. :(
    Pets Expert

May 5, 2015, 04:41 PM
    Don't even have to check every day now. Check once a week, maybe have two (if I'm lucky) notifications, or questions I can answer, and then leave for another week.

Used to be that when I went away for a few days, I'd tell the experts so they could keep an eye on the pet forum. Now I could leave for months and no one would even notice.

RIP AMHD.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 5, 2015, 04:58 PM
    No idea what would make for a change. You can see many users online at any given time; just browsing/reading.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

May 5, 2015, 05:49 PM
    I agree, Alty. Doesn't anyone have a problem with a teacher, a child failing school??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 5, 2015, 10:56 PM
    I almost answered a dog question, that how boring it has gotten.
    Pets Expert

May 6, 2015, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    I agree, Alty. Doesn't anyone have a problem with a teacher, a child failing school??
    Me! Me! Ooooh me!

Jared is doing great with the whole going to school every day thing. He's missed around 5 days total this year, with a bit over a month left to go. But he's failing all his main classes, even math, which he's always excelled at in the past.

He's in 10th grade, going on to 11th next year. Don't know how it works in the US, here we have Math 10, then Math 20, then the top is Math 30. Same with English, then there's science, Biology, Chemistry, Social studies. These are the core classes, the ones you have to excel at if you want to go to college. The rest are options you can take, like art, drama, woodworking, etc.

Jared is failing all his core classes. He's just not getting it. He's trying, he's working at home, but he's just not understanding it. As it is he'll have to take all the 10's again next semester (Grade 11). Now he can take them the first semester, and if he passes he can take the 20's the following semester and be right back on track. But I'm worried, and so is he. He's just not getting it. He's trying so hard, and he's a smart kid, he just has a different way of learning. In the past he was lucky, he had teachers that understood that not all kids learn the same way, and they worked with him and it clicked. Now that he's in high school they teach it one way, one way only, and it's not in a way that he can grasp.

At a loss here. Don't know what to do to help him. He's so frustrated, and ashamed, and he's giving up. He feels like a failure, keeps saying that obviously he's just stupid. He's not! He really isn't. I know I'm his mom so I would say that no matter what, but he really isn't a dumb kid. He's like me, he's a visual person, can't learn if it's just theory, just writing things down on the board and expecting you to get it. He needs to see the process, the reasoning. He needs to see the steps, not just the problem and then the answer, but all the steps in between.

Rod and I talked about getting a tutor, but unless we get one that can work with Jared on his learning level, we're just throwing our money away.

He has final exams starting the middle of June. It's too late to do anything this year. I want to find a solution and start preparing him for next year, during the summer.

Any advice would be majorly welcome.

There you go TJ. I just gave you a doozy of a question. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search