Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teresalu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2015, 10:08 AM
    Not aligning
    Just installed a new sink , drain sits back more than the old one so now the strap is very close to the main lone out. Can't cut the old . Any thoughts.

I was going to try the flex pipe but not sure.

If I need to make the line coming in shorter ,how can I cut it. Not much room under sink.

Thanks
    Teresa

Attachment 47085
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 16, 2015, 12:55 PM
    You can install trap so it gives you enough space to connect to the old pipe ... meaning , swing it left / right as much as it needs

If needed, you can also install 45 degree bend on old drain to guide old pipe away from the center. Then swing trap sideways to connect.

Mil0
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 16, 2015, 07:21 PM
    Yep and avoid using a flex pipe if you can.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2015, 07:54 PM
    I agree, Flex pipes are clogged drains waiting to happen. If not clogs then leaks at some future point. They will split on the accordion folds at some point in time.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 17, 2015, 10:25 AM
    Attach a picture to your post. We can't see the attached link.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 17, 2015, 05:12 PM
    You say s trap, I hope you mean p trap. What type of pipe is sticking out of the wall (galvanized, pvc, copper, etc). I also would like to see a pic, many different ways to make this work. Most likely Milo has the quickest way to make it work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aligning the pipes in the sink drain [ 16 Answers ]

I actually have the same problem. And it is a 1 and a half p-trap that when fully extended and turned to the left, toward the drain's tail piece, I am still off by about 1-2 inches. Do they make an off set or something. Also I have a metal nut on the stub out. The stub out is 1 and a half...

Aligning pipes in sink drain [ 2 Answers ]

I installed a new sink drain and the pipe does not align with the existing pipe. The existing pipe is about 1/4" off center with the drain and the angle does not allow a tight fit, even though I can screw it in. Is there some type of putty or something else that can seal the connection so I...

Excel - aligning data based on a common value. [ 7 Answers ]

I have 2 lists of data. List A contains 2 columns - Lead ID (column A) & Email ID (column B). This list contains 3,175 rows. List B contains 2 columns - Email ID (column A) & Email Address (column B). This list only contains 3,085 rows. I need to match up the Lead ID with the Email...

Aligning garage safety swithc [ 1 Answers ]

I have one emitting light garage safety switch on and the other receiving switch is off. How do I lign them both up in a 16' garage door? Is there a special tool to align same or what do I use to get the receiving light switch to activate. (It should turn green when properly aligned.

Aligning in html [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to align text and a pic side by side but I'm not sure of the way to do it. I'm coverting php files to html and I don't know the correct way to align a picture on the left and text on the right in html.

View more questions Search