Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoeasie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2015, 09:23 AM
    If you had to choose, would you work at Chipotle, Old Navy in a mall, or a hospital?
    Can't decide which one to pick for part time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 16, 2015, 09:31 AM
    What kind of work would you rather get paid for, serving food, hanging clothes, or changing bed pans?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2015, 02:16 PM
    To me, a hospital would give you greater possibility of future advance, even if part time. What are your future plans?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 16, 2015, 02:28 PM
    As a young married, I worked part time as a physical therapy aide and picked up all sorts of useful knowledge that I later used as a medical transcriptionist at home while raising kids. Knowing hospital procedures and terminology has always been an advantage. Like ma0641 said, your chances of advancement and hearing of other openings there would be greater working at a hospital, especially once you have your foot in the door.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2015, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yoeasie View Post
    Can't decide which one to pick for part time.
    It would depend on what my job responsibilities would be at each location, the pay, hours required, does it work well around my school schedule if that is a consideration, available transportation for the distance needed to get to work, and would it have the potential to lead to something I might like to do in the future. For example, if I was thinking of working in the medical field at some point, a hospital would provide the opportunity to see the work required. It may help you in finalizing a decision for a direction to take in school, or it may have you realize that it isn't what you want to do after all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you help me choose a game engine to work with? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm learning C++ programming and C++ object oriented... What would be a good game engine get? I don't mind if it is freeware or commercial, But I plan on making 2D games and moving onto 3D.. I would like a game engine which will last me a long time (one which can do 2D, 3D, High end...

Fall down inside a shopping mall and admitted hospital [ 5 Answers ]

My father was admitted hospital yesterday due to bone break. The cause is by a banana skin on the floor inside a shopping mall. May I know is any Malaysian law that can help me talk to the person in charge of the shopping mall, in order to held the shopping mall responsible for the medical fees? My...

What type of major to choose to work with animals? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently needing some advice about a career choice. I am graduating in May with a two year degree in Equine Science and am trying to find a school to transfer to. I have considered vet tech, animal behaviorist, zoology and business. I would like to make a significant salary and...

I am looking to work at a hospital with no experience. What jobs can I apply for? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently in school to get my LPN Certification and then move on to getting my A.S. in Nursing. Although now I work in customer service/technical area, which I hate. I really want to try to get my foot in the door with a hospital so they could (hopefully) pay for my schooling. Does anyone...

Work in NYC, Have to choose by the way living in NJ or NY [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I tried a lot to find specific information on my query, but couldn't find it and thus decided to post. Please pardon me if this question has already been answered previously. I currently live in NYC, and recently got a full time job in downtown NY. I am now looking to move somewhere close to...

View more questions Search