Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vpatel4u Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2015, 01:33 PM
    Tax return filing for receiving fafsa
    Hello,

My brother(US Resident) is a full time student pursuing a Bachelor Degree course. He received financial aid FAFSA Pell Grant for fall 2014 to mid 2015. Although he utilized grants for tuition fees, books mainly but also used for travel expenses and other small expenses. He is not doing any kind of job; I read that other expenses are taxable, is there any tax filing requirement for last year?

Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant and receiving FAFSA [ 1 Answers ]

I am 7 months pregnant and I'm attending a university and geiting financial aid through FAFSA, I just wanted to know if my absences from my delivery will affect my financial aids since I would probably miss school for a week or two after I have my baby.

Filing Tax Return [ 1 Answers ]

I am a HI-B visa holder and my spouse has H4. How do I file jointly with him. What are the steps to take. Also I had my baby here in the US 4 months ago and how do I include her when filing for tax return. She does have a social security number. On my 2011 W2 I have married but legally separated...

US citizen filing tax return as marrief but wife has tax id. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my question is I'm filling tax return for the 1st time and I will be filling jointly with my wife as head of household since my wife doesn't work. I have a social security number but she doesn't she has a tax id number. Will I still be able to get the earned income credit and child credit.we...

Tax Return Filing [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Friend, I am a JerseyCity Resident. Thorughout the year 2007, I worked in NYC for 2 different consultant. One consultant withhold my tax based on NY State because his office is in NY. While the other withhold my tax based on my home address means New Jersey. I want to know: 1) I...

Independent student filing fafsa.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am filing the fafsa and css profile for financial aid at the turn of the year as an independent student because I provide for more than half of my child's support. I have never filed any tax forms though and am completely lost on the subject. I know(I think I know?) I don't need to file...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.