Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2015, 01:14 PM
    chapter 7 in Illinois
    CHAPTER 7

Questions for chapter 7 in Illinois: 1) Can I include my dependent adult son (20, living with me and a full-time student, claimed on my taxes) and say that I have a two person household for purposes of the means test?; 2) I recently received a modest settlement from a car accident and used it to replace failing appliances (seriously - a 30 year old refrigerator and 45 year old stove - the refrigerator was basically just a cooler at that point and the stove didn't work at all). The stove was of a design with a double oven where the microwave would be today so I also bought a microwave. Will this purchase reflect poorly on me? 3) If I spent pretty much every dime, I could probably pay my debts but it would not leave me with enough for food and out of pocket expenses like food, gas for the car, hair cuts, cosmetics, clothing, gifts and other day to day things that come up in life. Will they likely give me a hard time over this? If I can only claim myself for the means test, I make too much for Chapter 7 for that initial test (I understand that there is further evaluation and I can potentially still qualify but I'm hoping it will be easier). If I can include my son, I would pass. 4) I am anticipating a tax refund of a couple thousand dollars. It is not enough to pay off my debt but would cover some long deferred dental work which needs to be done. I need to replace two crowns and repair several chipped teeth and have put it off for about 4 years because I didn't have the money - now one is starting to hurt and my dentist told me two years ago that the need to repair all of them was "urgent". I have dental insurance but it will only pay half. Interested in insight though, again, I am seeing an attorney in my jurisdiction.

Check out some similar questions!

Illinois too far away [ 3 Answers ]

I live in California and the school I want to go to is in Illinois. I don't know how to handle going that far away from my family... help

What is the difference Chapter 7 or Chapter 13? [ 4 Answers ]

And when am I able to purchase a house or a car? I'm a single mom raising 2 little girls wanting to start fresh but I'm curious as to if I file either one of these how long will take me to purchase a house or a new car?

Do grandparnts have right in Illinois [ 5 Answers ]

My son in law has not let us see our 3 grandchildren and says we can't see them until he says so and he is not letting us to show us that he is under control. Can we take him to court for visitation rights?

Can I file a chapter 7, if my chapter 13 case has been dismissed? [ 2 Answers ]

Under my Ch. 13 bankruptcy, my payments were based on my employment and child support. I have since been laid off(not long after filing), and have not received a child support payment in 8 months. My attorney hasn't been returning my calls, and even after knowing my income situation, he didn't...

Parole in Illinois [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was in on a parole violation and the board told him they would re parole him he would be out in about a week. He called and said they would just call that the day he gets out and tell me to come get him that day does anyone know if this is true? And how long do u think it will be till...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.