Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravengurl92 Posts: 301, Reputation: 6

Feb 12, 2015, 08:41 PM
    Should I have told my friend the truth?
    So today my friend dyed her hair red and sent me a picture of it and asked if I liked it. Before it was blond and looked a lot better. I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I lied to her and told her I liked it. Did I do the right thing? I feel horrible about lying but I didn't want to hurt her feelings.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2015, 09:49 PM
    Generally speaking lying is not the right thing. You can soften the blow of being truthful. Or you could say something like "I would have gone with neon green. "
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 12, 2015, 10:07 PM
    It's only hair color...it's not going to change the world if you told her you like it to save her feelings. You did what most friends would do.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2015, 10:39 PM
    Odinn did those Sensitivity Classes fail? :)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 12, 2015, 11:18 PM
    Did you really not like the color or was it such a big change from her previous hair color that you were a bit shocked? Keep in mind that the color will change after a few washings and depending on how she styles it. I say this because as you adjust to the new color and it changes your initial impression may change. You might not have liked it freshly dyed but in a few days, you might see it in a different light.

Another way to look at it: Sometimes it isn't the change we 'like' but the effect it has on the person we care about. If it makes her happy, then that is a reason to 'like' the change even if you think the previous color was better.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 12, 2015, 11:31 PM
    Cat said it best.

Bottom line, telling her you don't like it would hurt her feelings, and there's very little she can do to change it back now without ruining her hair. I think that you did the right thing. Sometimes a tiny white lie is okay.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 13, 2015, 04:20 AM
    The best answer in that situation (just for future reference) would be along the lines of "Let me get used to it before I answer you."
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2015, 07:47 AM
    Don't feel bad, sometimes its best to be nice, and not accurate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will I lose him now that I've told him the truth? [ 8 Answers ]

I lost my virginity over rape when I was 15 and at the same year again I was a victim 4 da second time,- never told anyone about this until last month when I told my boyfrwd about it because I ddnt want him to marry me without knowing the truth.Ever since I told him he's been acting all strange on...

I Told Truth To My Husband [ 2 Answers ]

I got married few months before.. I told my husband about my past before we got engaged. I was having affair which lasted 3yrs.. I had got physical with that guy and I told this truth to my husband as I never wanted to cheat on my husband.. At that tym my husband was not having problem with my past...

My Best Friend Embellishes the Truth A Lot [ 4 Answers ]

For those of you who have been waiting for me to write about boys my own age... one will come up in this story! He is a main character but this isn't really about him... I just mention him. Okay... So I have a best friend (a girl) and she tends to embellish the truth all the time. And not about...

If you friend ask the guy you like if they like you do they tell the truth? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, There is this guy I like. We had a dance on Saturday and I entered and he was hanging out with me and some of my friends. He then put his arms out. I was confused he meant a hug so I hug him. Then he does the same after to my best girl friend. He comes up to me at the dance and starts...

Friend vs. Bestie (who is teling the truth?) [ 6 Answers ]

I have this new girl come into our school and before she met me, she was friends with my BESTIE. After about 2 weeks, my bestie claims she has cracked a lot of secrets including she has her period (which seems abnormal to my bestie) and also claims that she is a lesbion.:eek: after I heard the...

View more questions Search