Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    otto300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2015, 03:37 PM
    I wish to sell an inherited carved elephant tusk
    I inherited from my father 34 years ago a single elephant tusk that is 60cm long. My children don't want it and it does not fit in with our house décor. Can anybody recommend a trading house that would be willing to purchase such an item. Thanks Gary
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 12, 2015, 09:05 PM
    Not sure where you are located but it is illegal to sell an ivory tusk in the USA
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 12, 2015, 11:35 PM
    Sadly ivory has become illegal to trade or sell in many places. Without knowing your general location there's really no way to advise you what to do.

The good news is that if you can find a place to sell it, you should get a very good price for it, since it is now a rare item.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inherited property wanting to sell [ 5 Answers ]

I inherited 3 acres of land from my deceased father. The total amount of land is 12 acres. My grandparents divided up between my father and Aunt. I'm paying the taxes on it, and I want to sell my 3 acres. I don't know what steps to take to divide the land without backlash from my Aunt. We are in...

Selling Carved Ivory Tusk [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I have two ivory elephant tuck. I have had them for over 40 years. I am fairly sure they are pure ivory due to a jewelry dealer check them out for me years ago. He want to sent the off but, I would let them out of my site. They are hand craved with oriental design on them both. Although one...

IF I INHERITED 20% interest in a house can I sell it for whatever amount I want [ 2 Answers ]

It was 4 heirs. I inherited 20% of the house. . If the house is sold for $100000 can I ask $25,000 for my share if I wanted to.

Sell of Inherited Property [ 2 Answers ]

My mom and her sister inherited their fathers property after he died, there was no mortgage to pay. When he passed away it was appraised for over 100k, They have an offer for 90k, when it was recently appraised for 85k. Are they going to have any taxes to pay on the property if all goes well with...

Should I sell inherited property that has depreciated in value or donate it? [ 1 Answers ]

This rental property was appraised for $60,000. At the time I inherited it. The tenants have totally trashed both apartments, and have been evicted. I am no longer generating income and losing money every month it sits empty. I do not have the resources to repair the damages, and have been offered...

View more questions Search