Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dscotton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2015, 03:58 AM
    hot water pipe issues
    Dear Sirs,

The hot water supply pipe has pulled away from the diverter on the tub. Is there anyway to repair this without sweating the pipe back into the fitting? Preferably a compression fitting.

Thank you
    Dale Scotton
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 12, 2015, 07:20 AM
    Hi Dale. No, if the old joint was a soldered joint and it pulled away due to freezing then the pipe will need to be thawed and re-soldered to fix the issue.

Back to you...

Mark
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 17, 2015, 05:43 PM
    I agree completely with you, Mark. But there might be hope for another do it yourself fix. If your valve body had copper sweat into it, but the outside of the valve body by any chance has 1/2 inch male thread, you could use a 1/2" female iron pipe by 1/2" push fit, or compression fitting to reconnect without any soldering at all. Maybe show us a pic of what you have to work with and we may be able to help you get this done right quick and easy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water pipe disconnected, but when I turn on cold water it drains out the hot. [ 2 Answers ]

Hot water pipe disconnected, but when turn on cold water it drains out hot pipe.

Had no hot water but had cold water... defrosted pipe from main to hot water tank. I [ 4 Answers ]

Very cold in Ohio... 25 below... had cold water but no hot water... defrosted hot water line from attic to tank... have hot water in kitchen but no hot water in bathroom. Have the shower valve for hot water open and when I turn on the cold water in the hand sink, water comes out of the faucet in...

Why do we have no hot water pressure since replacing leaking hot water pipe [ 3 Answers ]

We replaced a section of hot water pipe that was leaking and so had to turn off our home's main water supply (it was off for about 24 hours). The pipe is now fixed but we have no water coming out of hot water taps, except a trickle when the cold water taps are also open. We have tried opening all...

Hot water pipe touching fire sprinker pipe [ 6 Answers ]

I discovered why the water pressure in my fire prinkler system kept rising. It's because the hot water pipe is right up against the sprinkler pipe causing it to heat which then increases the pressure. Now can I wrap the pipe with insulation. Would this be a good fix? If so, should I wrap the hot...

View more questions Search