Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roadie954 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2015, 07:28 PM
    Tub hot water pressure drop within minutes, shower hot water pressure no problems.
    American Standard, I believe 1032 approximately 7 years old. Cartridge was replaced after 'hammering' started, no more hammering but...
    When the shower is running fully open, comfortably hot temp, there are no pressure issues; however when the tub component is utilized the water pressure will drop, after water temp gets comfortably hot, to a little more than a trickle. Conversely full cold water will not affect pressure.
    I attempted running shower, ful and hot, without shower head, this caused the same drop in pressure. I am thinking that there is a relation to back pressure, but wondering how that could be. Filling a 6ft soaker tub takes a while this way.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 10, 2015, 08:26 PM
    Suspect that there is debris in the hot side port. Up to a certain volume on the hot side every thing is fine. When volume increase, which means the speed of the flow increases, the debris is moved forward to block or partially block the port.
    Remove the cartridge and flush the hot side thoroughly.
    Roadie954 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2015, 08:54 PM
    Thank you, I'll give it a try this weekend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure at the shower/tub [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I have a serious problem in one of my bathrooms. The cold water pressure of the shower/tub is fine. But when I turned the knob towards the hot, the pressure drops all of a sudden, too low to take a hot shower. The sink 3 feet away has both excellent hot and cold water pressure. I suspect...

Low hot water pressure to tub (only) after replacing hot water tank [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced my hot water tank and installed a new one. Now, the hot water pressure in the shower/bathtub (only) is weak - all other faucets seem normal, and the cold water in the shower is fine. Water pressure was fine before I replaced the tank, the problems with the old one were that the...

Tub and shower hot water low pressure [ 3 Answers ]

My tub/shower went from having normal hot water pressure to almost NO hot water. It trickles out of the tub faucet and barely comes out of the shower head. I have a Kohler Forte model single faucet. I've read that I should remove the handle plate and clean any debris, but I don't know how to get...

Low hot water pressure shower head and tub faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi - We have low hot water pressure from both our shower head and tub faucet It's a Delta single arm ball handle if that helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

No Hot Water in Tub, Low pressure in shower [ 1 Answers ]

We have well water with 7 gallons per minute, and there are two issues we have noticed. The first is the cold water hose to the Washer continues to clog with sand, and I clean it About three times per week. The second is the cold water works great in the tub, but Hot water will flow fine for 2...

View more questions Search