Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carrie3413 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2015, 03:27 PM
    Why is time so important when you are trying to reach your savings goal?
    Why is time so important when you are trying to reach your savings goal?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2015, 03:59 PM
    Because of the growth of investment and reinvestment of the dividends. It compounds over time. You also experience ups and downs in the market and over time it helps average out.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2015, 11:54 AM
    You need to think about time; like how long is the investment for. For 6 months, a year, 5 years, 10 years, or even longer. You will get a different dividend rate from a low rate dividends on a short term investment like a 6 month CD to a higher rate of dividends on a long-term investment like a 10 year CD.

A savings account is where you deposit money at a financial institution and you are letting that institution use your money ( a loan to the financial institution) until you need your money. Since you are letting a financial institution use your money you will receive Dividends which is the same as interest on a loan. You will receive more dividends the longer you let the financial institution use your money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It's like what I did doesn't even count! How can I reach my goal? [ 0 Answers ]

Upon graduating High School, I went straight to a community college (CUNY SCHOOL). I was young, and unsure of what I wanted to do. I switched majors a couple of times, and because of issues at home I had to start working full-time. I couldn't handle going to school full-time, and working full-time....

Time to reach a financial goal [ 1 Answers ]

You have $42180.53 in a brokerage accuont, and you plan to deposit an additional $5000 at the end of every future year until your account totals $250000. You expect to earn 12 percent annually on the account. How many years will it take to reach your goal?

Time to reach a financial goal [ 1 Answers ]

You have $42,180.53 in a brokerage account, and you plan to deposit an additional $5000 at the end of every future year until your account totals 250,000. You expect to earn 12 percent annually on the account. How many years will it take to reach your goal? I am using a financial...

Reach my goal [ 1 Answers ]

I have $42,180.53 in a brokerage account, and I plan to contribute an additional $5000 to the account at the end of every year. The brokerage account has an expected annual return of 12%. If my goal is to accumulate $250,000 in the account, how many years will it take me to reach my goal.

View more questions Search