Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chendram Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2015, 09:10 PM
    Body concern
    Hey everyone I am a young mother to a 11 month old. I have been on the depo shot for six month and have had uncontrollable bleeding. I stopped the shot now for two months and the bleeding is still occurring should I be concerned? Another thing is for the past week I have been going through a lot of bipolarness and my breast are starting to tender up again is it possible I could be pregnant?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2015, 09:17 PM
    Dude, seriously, uncontrollable bleeding for six months and you haven't seen a doctor? Worst case scenario, you could go to a free clinic or ER for help, but to wait this long is crazy. I'm not going to mince words here, your issue can't be diagnosed online, and there are any number of issues that could be at play here. You need to see a doctor, and you are being an incredibly irresponsible parent by not doing so. What happens to your 11 month old if you drop dead of something you could have fixed with a prescription or a shot? Sorry to be so harsh, but someone needs to level with you.

Feb 9, 2015, 09:22 PM
    I'm sorry but they said the bleeding was normal for the depo shot I got off it to see if the bleeding would stop. So yes it can be diagnosed if your not a doctor I don't need to hear it
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 9, 2015, 09:59 PM
    Continuous bleeding is a known side effect of Depo. If this has been going on for six months it's apparent this is not the right birth control for you and you should discontinue taking it and use another form.

Now, if you are going through more than a pad an hour, this would constitue a medical emergency.

I would recommend you pick up an iron supplement the next time you are out and give your doctor a ring to see what he/she recommends.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2015, 10:14 PM
    Uncontrollable bleeding is not spotting or breakthrough bleeding as a side effect from discontinuing birth control. Uncontrollable bleeding is serious medical issue, especially it it has gone on for the amount of time you describe. NO doctor is going to diagnose you online, it is about as irresponsible as not seeking medical attention for what (as you describe it) is a serious issue. Now, if you'd like to revise your information, and perhaps you are not bleeding uncontrollably (soaking through a pad or tampon an hour) then my advice would change. There is absolutely no one on this site with an iota of responsibility or ethics that would not advise you to see a doctor.
    Expert

Feb 9, 2015, 10:41 PM
    To the OP... is the bleeding uncontrollable or continuous? Uncontrollable would be soaking a pad or two in less than an hour. Continuous would be constant period-like bleeding.

As as a registered nurse specializing in women's health, I can assure you that I am extremely familiar with the adverse effects of Depo Provera. While I am not a doctor, nor am I attempting to diagnose, but continuous bleeding is a common side effect.

And yes, pregnancy is always a possibility.

Feb 9, 2015, 10:45 PM
    See the thing is some days it would be heavy the rest it would enough to go through a pad or two

And yes I understand that bleeding is a side effect but I have thin blood as it is

And for almost nine months?
    Expert

Feb 9, 2015, 11:23 PM
    Thin blood? Do you mean you are anemic or you have low platelets? If you are anemic you should be taking a daily iron supplement.

As as long as you aren't soaking a pad or more an hour, you are good for tonight (if it's night in your part of the world). You really should reach out to your OB/GYN who can do the proper blood work to properly diagnose and treat you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An R&B song with the lyrics asn'tnobody body loves me like you do take my body, [ 3 Answers ]

It is 90's R&B song sang by a female group. The lyrics are as follows: "aint nobody, body loves me like you do, take my body, my body belongs to you". Please send me the name of the artist (group) and the name of the song.

One body is dropped and a second body is thrown downwards with an initial velocity of [ 3 Answers ]

One body is dropped and a second body is thrown downwards with an initial velocity of 1m/s simultaneously. The separation between these two bodies is 18m after a time……………….. ans:18 sec

Shape of body by reduction of fat from specific part of body [ 1 Answers ]

My age is 20. And I am 6 feet tall. My weight is 80 kg. The main problem is this that there is a lots of fat on my hips and theigh and my west is about 34 overall my lower portion of body is heavier than above. So kindly tell me what should I do to reduce the fat from hip,theigh and how to reduce...

A concern [ 3 Answers ]

Ok here it goes a year ago I lost my baby I was 5 months no one knows why, and I have been trying to get pregnet but I can't the doctors tell me everything is OK but I'm worried that I can't have anymore kids if there anything else I can do?

View more questions Search